Lostprophets singer to stand trial for baby rape and 22 other sexual offenses...

• Thread starter spawnofthesith
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

spawnofthesith

Reaction score

Beyond ....ing disturbing. I stopped reading after a bit, it was ruining my day. It's hard to imagine people that despicable and ....ed up exist

BucketheadRules

Fuzz pedal hoarder
Reaction score
Does that kind of thing ever happen in English prisons? I thought it was pretty much just the US and third world countries where prisons were like that.

I don't know but I sort of hope not, because while he is quite clearly a disgusting, not to mention highly dangerous abomination of a man, no-one deserves to be raped or whatever else "prison justice" entails... it lowers the perpetrators to the level of the person they're attacking, regardless of how much more severe that person's crimes may be.

This might be an unpopular thing to say in the wake of so much gut-reaction, red-mist anger which is leading half of the people on this thread to start baying for Watkins' blood, but I really don't think more violence is the answer. I shall finish up with two cliches:

1) Two wrongs do not make a right.

2) An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.

Draceius

I hate everyone on this site
Reaction score
Earliest he can get out of jail is when he's 55, and then he still has 6 years of supervised release, so 61 really, and that's the minimum, with 65 being the maximum + the supervised release.

I don't know but I sort of hope not, because while he is quite clearly a disgusting, not to mention highly dangerous abomination of a man, no-one deserves to be raped or whatever else "prison justice" entails... it lowers the perpetrators to the level of the person they're attacking, regardless of how much more severe that person's crimes may be.

This might be an unpopular thing to say in the wake of so much gut-reaction, red-mist anger which is leading half of the people on this thread to start baying for Watkins' blood, but I really don't think more violence is the answer. I shall finish up with two cliches:

^Also so much this.

GunpointMetal

Reaction score
whoever neg-repped me in this thread can go eat a dick...this man is a loser waste of oxygen and he shouldn't be allowed to share it, with anyone.

matt397

Tr00f
Reaction score

The guy tried to fuck a baby and raped other children. Whatever happens to him inside prison could never come close to the psychological damage he put those kids through. He deserves anything that happens to him in prison, Anything. I don't care I guess I too have an unpopular opinion because the way I see it is that he has been deemed mentally fit and therefore was completely aware of what he was doing and still followed through with his actions. There is no rehabilitating someone like that and he is a danger to children and can not contribute to society so it's my belief they should just off the guy.
At what point do they start handing out life sentences for this kind of shit ?

Esp Griffyn

Play more music
Reaction score
Given that upon his release, if he doesn't kill himself in jail, he will have to sign the sex offender register and will likely not be able to leave the country anyway, so a reunion tour would be off the cards, not that anyone would go and see it anyway.

Cnev

Reaction score
This might be an unpopular thing to say in the wake of so much gut-reaction, red-mist anger which is leading half of the people on this thread to start baying for Watkins' blood, but I really don't think more violence is the answer.

I really hope that we never get to a point as a species that actions such as these are met with anything less than "Red-mist anger". .... this guy.

InVinoVeritasXXX

Reaction score
I really hope that we never get to a point as a species that actions such as these are met with anything less than "Red-mist anger". .... this guy.
Yeah, because fighting fire with fire works so well. Nobody's saying the guy isn't a scumbag, they're just saying that he doesn't deserve to be brutalized, tortured, and murdered on the basis that nobody deserves that. Honestly, considering how far he's fallen, spending the next 35 years in prison only to emerge to a life of mediocrity seems like it'd be due punishment. He'll never know the success he once knew, he won't be able to leave the country, he'll be on the sex offender registry. Regardless of what fate befalls him now, life as he knew it is over. Keep him alive and let him suffer the consequences of his actions. In some ways, that's more cruel than a prison murder, as at least that doesn't take 35 years to complete.

Dayn

Reaction score
Phew, 35 years. There's almost no hope of him being released before then. That's half, if not more, of his life gone. Good. Despite the horrific assaults, at least the babies are still alive. They could easily have been slaughtered...

He clearly doesn't deserve to live, and the world would be better off without him. But I consider that a fair sentence.

InVinoVeritasXXX

Reaction score
Phew, 35 years. There's almost no hope of him being released before then. That's half, if not more, of his life gone. Good. Despite the horrific assaults, at least the babies are still alive. They could easily have been slaughtered...

He clearly doesn't deserve to live, and the world would be better off without him. But I consider that a fair sentence.
See, that's the thing, I consider being locked in a box the absolute worst fate possible. Death is relatively quick. And being locked in a box when you used to be a superfamous rock star? Knowing that death could come at any moment or locked up in solitary, which is what they'd have to do to keep him alive, I imagine, he does not have a pleasant third of a century ahead of him. If he makes it, he'll be faced with a life of mediocrity, obscurity, and supervision. If he makes it out, he'll die of an overdose most likely. That is if he doesn't off himself at some point during all this. He got what was coming to him. I don't know if justice has been served yet, but it will be, one way or another. On one hand, I can understand a kink or two, but keep it to consenting adults. And no, that bark is not a yes.

sol niger 333

I like stuff
Reaction score
Given that upon his release, if he doesn't kill himself in jail, he will have to sign the sex offender register and will likely not be able to leave the country anyway, so a reunion tour would be off the cards, not that anyone would go and see it anyway.

Yeah...wasn't being serious about the reunion tour at age 55 :ugh:

Maybe they could tour creches and kindergartens

Crechella 2030?

sol niger 333

I like stuff
Reaction score

He will be eligible for parole in 17 so will likely be out in 2030. Not long enough IMO

BucketheadRules

Fuzz pedal hoarder
Reaction score
The guy tried to fuck a baby and raped other children. Whatever happens to him inside prison could never come close to the psychological damage he put those kids through. He deserves anything that happens to him in prison, Anything. I don't care I guess I too have an unpopular opinion because the way I see it is that he has been deemed mentally fit and therefore was completely aware of what he was doing and still followed through with his actions. There is no rehabilitating someone like that and he is a danger to children and can not contribute to society so it's my belief they should just off the guy.
At what point do they start handing out life sentences for this kind of shit ?

Logic at its finest... he committed unspeakably disgusting acts against children, so the absolute best thing we can do is perpetrate even more violence against him. Where the f*ck does this eye-for-an-eye thing come from?

I also post on another guitar forum, in which every regularly-posting member lives in the UK, and anyone defending the death penalty or any form of "vengeance" (which is what it is, you can't reasonably call it justice) gets absolutely ripped to shreds - that's how I formed my own views on it. The more I read their arguments against it, the more I realised how indefensible and morally bankrupt the death penalty is. But there seem to be a frankly alarming number of people on here who are all for killing criminals, which is a shame - I don't understand how you can defend the idea of using violence to combat violence. They're humans too - shitty humans, but humans nonetheless. They have rights, like it or not.

The death penalty is sadistic and unnecessary, and if you defend it then I'm sorry, I lose a fair bit of respect for you.

For Christ's sake, when did I ever say I didn't think Ian Watkins was a c*nt? There, I said it - Ian Watkins is a c*nt.

All I said was that I don't think more violence is the answer.

Latest posts

')