Lots of B Stock Agiles Up

• Thread starter SodaPopinski
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ra1der2

Reaction score
so yours had the crack in the finish??

Yeah, I posted here about it in the Intrepid sticky thread since Kurt was posting about 9 string kahler interceptors there, so I addressed Kurt about it and he never replied.

Kind of a slap in the face to me since I've spent a lot of money with Rondo in the last 6 months, but hey whatever man.

It also has aesthetic issues that I only mentioned in the return request, because I honestly don't give a shit about minor aesthetic issues as long as it tunes, intonates, and plays well.

Aside from the bridge being routed and mounted too short, it was also slightly off center making the string a little off to one side on the fretboard. The fretwork was shoddy, there are file marks in areas on the fretboard, and filings/shavings from finishing the frets were ground into the fretboard making it a shade of gray in some spots.

This is what I wrote to them when requesting a return :

Agile Interceptor Pro 828 MN Pure White
Unfortunately this guitar will not intonate on the lower B or F#. Aside from not being able to get it in tune properly, there are also minor blemishes and finish defects on the neck, pickup and bridge area, as well as a crack in the finish on the back next to the battery compartment.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Customisbetter

WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot
Contributor
Reaction score
If you put in a return request he will get back to you. addressing your problems in the forum probably isn't the best place. Kurt isn't a "Poster", he is a lurker.

Collapse

Reaction score
Yeah, I posted here about it in the Intrepid sticky thread since Kurt was posting about 9 string kahler interceptors there, so I addressed Kurt about it and he never replied.

Kind of a slap in the face to me since I've spent a lot of money with Rondo in the last 6 months, but hey whatever man.

It also has aesthetic issues that I only mentioned in the return request, because I honestly don't give a shit about minor aesthetic issues as long as it tunes, intonates, and plays well.

Aside from the bridge being routed and mounted too short, it was also slightly off center making the string a little off to one side on the fretboard. The fretwork was shoddy, there are file marks in areas on the fretboard, and filings/shavings from finishing the frets were ground into the fretboard making it a shade of gray in some spots.

This is what I wrote to them when requesting a return :

Agile Interceptor Pro 828 MN Pure White
Unfortunately this guitar will not intonate on the lower B or F#. Aside from not being able to get it in tune properly, there are also minor blemishes and finish defects on the neck, pickup and bridge area, as well as a crack in the finish on the back next to the battery compartment.

great so I bought a lemon

just got an email from Kurt stating if I use factory size strings and tuning I will have no intonation issues

RG7

Reaction score

just got an email from Kurt stating if I use factory size strings and tuning I will have no intonation issues

well who uses 40 gauge F# strings?
:lol:

ra1der2

Reaction score

just got an email from Kurt stating if I use factory size strings and tuning I will have no intonation issues, as long as I don't actually try to intonate it.

Fixed... :)

Seriously though, I could care less if Kurt feels I am incapable of intonating and tuning an instrument, I mean I've only been playing 20+ years or so.

Secondly, LMFAO at "factory size strings". I didn't waste a new set of strings on the guitar, it has the so called factory size strings on it and it didn't tune. The funniest thing about that comment is the strings that come on the guitar aren't the same gauges they list in the description, as RG7 hinted.

The only thing I will give him is he lowered the price to damn near HALF of what I originally paid...but then you have to ask the question, why sell an $1100 guitar for $600 if it is "like brand new with only a 3/4" crack in the paint on the back?"

MmmmHmmm :realmad:

Customisbetter

WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot
Contributor
Reaction score
^I only have one problem with that post, and its this part,

" mean I've only been playing 20+ years or so."

I have seen awesome players that own MUCH more expensive guitars and have been playing for longer than 20 years and hardly know how to change strings correctly.

Time =/= knowledge

Gameboypdc

Reaction score
I just wish Kurt would post up some 30"s in 7 or 8 string models. That or I hope someone returns one so it can be posted as B stock.

ra1der2

Reaction score
Time =/= knowledge

I have to agree with you there, good point :)

If the guitar arrives to it's new owner and can tune / intonate properly while remaining fully functional, I will gladly apologize publicly for my statement.

Let me also clarify that I am not here to bash Rondo. Quite the contrary, if you search my posts you will see that I highly praise them. I've easily spent over 6 G's with Rondo in the last 6 months, you don't spend that kind of money on a product you do not like! However, when a turd shows up, you can also expect that I voice my honest opinion on that as well.

Collapse

Reaction score
I have to agree with you there, good point :)

If the guitar arrives to it's new owner and can tune / intonate properly while remaining fully functional, I will gladly apologize publicly for my statement.

Let me also clarify that I am not here to bash Rondo. Quite the contrary, if you search my posts you will see that I highly praise them. I've easily spent over 6 G's with Rondo in the last 6 months, you don't spend that kind of money on a product you do not like! However, when a turd shows up, you can also expect that I voice my honest opinion on that as well.

well we will see what happens when I receive it next week

Customisbetter

WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot
Contributor
Reaction score
Ill admit im craving the 827. i really want to recreate that lizard burst on my 8 project as well. :)

also, why don't people sign their Neg rep posts? Seriously guys, its lame.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ill admit im craving the 827. i really want to recreate that lizard burst on my 8 project as well. :)

also, why don't people sign their Neg rep posts? Seriously guys, its lame.

Actually the rep abuse sticky that was up a couple months ago specifically said to NOT sign neg reps :shrug: :2c:

I agree that lizard burst is the hotness :agreed:

NaYoN

Heavy Blog Is Heavy
Reaction score
I am kind of new to this thing, so ca someone please explain to me what "B stock" means?

EDIT: nevermind, I found it. Sorry.

Customisbetter

WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot
Contributor
Reaction score
Actually the rep abuse sticky that was up a couple months ago specifically said to NOT sign neg reps :shrug: :2c:

I agree that lizard burst is the hotness :agreed:

oh all i remember is whats his face's (a mod with a skull avatar maybe?) user title saying "sign your neg reps" and i always have. :shrug:

')