Lots of shootings...

• Thread starter /wrists
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

DarkstarII

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Shocking to a liberal, I know … :rolleyes: (using that eye roll a lot around here today)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
Every gun guy I've ever met in my entire life has small dick syndrome. I have literally never shot a gun in my entire life. I have been through many many physical altercations and dangerous situations and never once in my life have I ever thought the thought "man I wish I had a gun right now."

Guns are for hunting and pussies, that's it.

Edit: I'll also add guns are good for women to protect themselves from piece-of-shit men, who probably are gun guys, let's be honest.

TheBlackBard

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
If you fetishize guns, you probably also have a lifted truck, blare Metallica's Black album in a shitty stereo system while replaying the first two tracks over and over again skipping only to Don't Tread On Me, a Back The Blue sticker on the back, and a light bar on top of that same shitty truck.

All things that scream penile insecurity.

TedEH

Cromulent
Reaction score
I've shot guns before. I'll even concede it's fun to do so.
But y'all have far too many of them, and they're too accessible.

I'd even contest the idea that they're "good for women" as self-defense, because the implication is that there isn't a non-lethal option, or something that's safer for everyone involved. If you can't conceive of any consequence to crime or response to a threat other than murdering them right back, then sure, give everyone the guns - but that's not reality.

Why not, in those same situations, arm said women with pepper spray or a taser or something? Or a big stick, who really cares, as long as it's not one of the most lethal things we've ever invented? As long as it's not an item that sits right in the center of a very present violence problem in the country?

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
I've shot guns before. I'll even concede it's fun to do so.
But y'all have far too many of them, and they're too accessible.

I'd even contest the idea that they're "good for women" as self-defense, because the implication is that there isn't a non-lethal option, or something that's safer for everyone involved. If you can't conceive of any consequence to crime or response to a threat other than murdering them right back, then sure, give everyone the guns - but that's not reality.

Why not, in those same situations, arm said women with pepper spray or a taser or something? Or a big stick, who really cares, as long as it's not one of the most lethal things we've ever invented? As long as it's not an item that sits right in the center of a very present violence problem in the country?
As for the women part, I morely meant they're needed in the current situation with too many guns as is, I'm totally in agreement with you.

TheBlackBard

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Quite honestly, at this point? Whatever it takes for a woman to defend herself, and that goes double if she has children.

In a world where non-lethal options completely put a stop to abuse, sure. But restraining orders are broken all the time, if they even get one, they get manipulated with violence and threats to not leave, so yeah... my only concern at that point is how it weighs on her and I can only hope that it doesn't do so terribly heavy.

jaxadam

Reaction score
I've had a gun pulled on me twice. The first time I got multiple fractures and broken metacarpals in my hand, but kept the gun and shot it at pumpkins the next day. I didn't get a cast on that hand for like two weeks and it is permanently fucked up.

The second time was basically a buddy of mine pulled out a knife and they pulled out a gun and somehow I got clocked upside the head with it so I just said fuck this shit I'm out and called some side piece to come pick me up and went back to her place and woke up the next morning with an extremely swollen head.

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
The good guys in this case didn't have their guns, but they tackled and held down the suspects.
Woah woah hold on.....
Are you insinuating that you can intervene in a crime without a firearm?
Wait, so it DOESN'T take a good guy with a gun to stop a bad guy with a gun? Whoah.

This changes everything.

(actually, that's a cycling joke no one here will probably get)

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
The second time was basically a buddy of mine pulled out a knife and they pulled out a gun and somehow I got clocked upside the head with it so I just said fuck this shit I'm out and called some side piece to come pick me up and went back to her place and woke up the next morning with an extremely swollen head.
Surprised she didn't, you know, help you with that.

')