Loudness fans?

• Thread starter BucketheadRules
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BucketheadRules

Fuzz pedal hoarder
Reaction score
Japanese band from the 80s.

I really like them. So cheesy it hurts but they write awesome stuff and they can really, really play as well.

What a great band. Sadly the drummer died a couple of years ago but I think they're still going... haven't paid much attention to the later stuff, these two albums in the mid-80s were the best. The lyrics are pretty crap on occasion because English isn't their first language, but the guitar playing slays, really awesome riffs as well as the shred.

Enjoy.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
I've never heard of this band in my life until my buddy's band got the offer to open for them. Cheesy as shit, but overall not bad. The tickets for that show are ridiculously expensive. They must've gotten some massive guarantee :lol:

BucketheadRules

Fuzz pedal hoarder
Reaction score
I've never heard of this band in my life until my buddy's band got the offer to open for them. Cheesy as shit, but overall not bad. The tickets for that show are ridiculously expensive. They must've gotten some massive guarantee :lol:

IIRC they're absolutely massive in Japan, like Iron Maiden-massive, but they never really broke through anywhere else.

ShadyDavey

7ibrarian
Reaction score
Paul Gilbert has time and time again tipped his hat to Akira Takasaki.......and the album which really blew me away was in fact their 7th studio album but the first one I ever got to listen to... Solider of Fortune:

Ridiculously good player, great band.

rlott1

Reaction score
:hbang:

Akira Takasaki is one of the best in the biz. The newer stuff has a much different style and feel to it...heavier and very raw...

Likes me some loudness!!!!

Trembulant

Rebel Extravaganza
Reaction score
Fan since 1983 when i picked up Live Loud Live on vinyl which i still have. Akira is one of the most underrated metal guitarists ever.
Always compared to guys he was blowing away and still to this day he rips on them all evh, lynch ..ect, he fucking smokes them even harder today.
Funny they were always compared to the LA bands at the time when they were really much more talented then all of them.
Even their early albums before Thunder in the East were pure musicianship, the entire band are pro musicians in every way. I don't think they were cheeze at all.
Where they fucked up was getting rid of the singer for an american vocalist. Minoru is the japanese Klaus Mein.

And 22 Years Later still Kicking Ass

It really sucks that Munetaka has passed away.
They had been kicking ass since they reformed with the original lineup.
They belong with the Iron Maidens, Judas Priests, Scorpions of the genre.

troyguitar

Reaction score
Loudness is touring the USA this spring/summer as part of their 30th anniversary world tour. They're playing a tiny bar 5 miles from my house and I expect it to be empty, but I'll be there representing the USA :lol:

TomParenteau

Tube & Analog Snob
Reaction score
In a very early Yngwie interview, Akira was the first guy he named as one of the great rock guitarists of the time.

I didn't get to see Loudness in the '80s, and I'm very glad I was there last night! Their equipment was super clean and obviously well cared for. They started the show with Akira playing a wild-ass 7-string with LED fretmarkers doing some heavy, modern metal-type stuff. The new drummer did great. The singer was totally in tune and didn't seem to be holding back at all. Man, that guy is one great singer! They were on top of it the whole time, playing with that Japanese culture kind of tightness, discipline, and professionalism.

After a few tunes it became apparent that Akira was warmed up and his left hand quickly, freely, and accurately went jumping all over the neck. I was completely blown away several times.

Even as seriously as they played, they were very appreciative of the audience. They were all smiley & having a good time. The singer was even a little on the goofy side at times, which I found entertaining. Awesome musicians, and lovable characters onstage. Way cool!

decypher

Reaction score
I really liked "Hurricane Eyes" a lot, "In this World Beyond" and "SDI" still end up on playlists for my ipod or the car.

never seen them live, but this is pretty amazing... great bass work there too

neozeke

Reaction score
I don't know why you guys call them cheesey, they sound pretty interesting when you play all the links at once

and Dat Explorer looking guitar.

BucketheadRules

Fuzz pedal hoarder
Reaction score
I don't know why you guys call them cheesey, they sound pretty interesting when you play all the links at once

and Dat Explorer looking guitar.

Tis one of these:

killer_prime_02.jpg

Akira has a guitar company called Killer. The guitars aren't available over here though. *sob*

zero_end

Lurker
Reaction score
Their 80's stuff is great but I really dig their latest also, very thrash oriented and heavy :shred: Akira rules for certain! :yesway:

Natapat

Reaction score
I love Loudness. \m/ I will be supporting them in one of their tour this year, this month to be exact. Proud to be a Loudness fan!

')