Love And Death (Head from Korn)

• Thread starter jwade
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jwade

Doooooooooom
Reaction score
Didn't find a dedicated thread in the search. Just listened to the new track 'I W8 4 U', and despite the absurdly stupid abbreviated name (and ignoring a lot of the lyrics), this is a pretty killer song. I'm impressed by how huge the riffs are. Anyone here dig this LAD stuff he's putting out?

http://youtu.be/ONZIMa5a8ig

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BHuard75

Reaction score
I liked it, seems like theres just a little to much vocally in the chorus's 'w8 u' part. Would have been great to just have the singer... sing? that might be a little much though.

Korbain

Stay negative!
Reaction score
not a fan of his singing or generally cheesy as fuck lyrics...but the instrument side of things is awsome!

Louis Cypher

Reaction score
I really like this a lot. Head def released a lot of good music post Korn imo, Save me from Myself is a great album and this carries on for me. Looking forward to getting the new album in a few weeks

Korbain

Stay negative!
Reaction score
after listening again, really like that distortion, its fucking huge! it's just depressing how weak his voice is, that other guest vocalists voice is brutal and carries the song, i'll be curious to see how songs are with just head singing.

I'm praying his lyrics and vocals are an improvement over how he was on save me from myself lol I'll def get this album regardless :hbang:

matt397

Tr00f
Reaction score
Instrumentally this is awesome. I really dig it. I imagine a young Jon Davis would sound fucking killer over this.

There's been rumors of Head going back to Korn at some point this year so fingers crossed.

Listening to stuff like this and his other solo stuff makes it so obviously apparent that head was the driving force behind the writing in Korn.

If you compare this to his earlier attempts though his vocals are actually getting better, he may want to look into having someone write lyrics for him though :lol:

jwade

Doooooooooom
Reaction score
yeah, he's playing a couple festivals or something with them pretty soon.

it's a really huge sound, pretty sure he's tuned to dropped F or F standard on this track too. i remember reading something about him having a new Ibanez baritone, wonder if it's still a 6 string.

Decipher

Ibanez Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gave this a listen last night and I can't wait for this CD. This song and the other one he released a little while back are tits!

TheFerryMan

Sauvage
Reaction score
Personally I like the lyrics, they may be a little cheesy at times and not the most poetic, but they come across as genuine.

jwade

Doooooooooom
Reaction score
I feel like it'd work really well to have Head rejoin Korn properly and help them bring back the heavy edge they had before.

TIBrent

Drop Z regular
Reaction score
Definitely much better than his last release. I dig on it, track 4 has a nice AIC vibe to it. Good record.
-Brent

no_dice

a very bad old bear
Reaction score
I listened to the whole album on stream last night, and I'm really kind of divided on it. There are some really awesome heavy grooves, but there are also some really corny parts. At times it feels like Korn meets Nickelback. :lol: I will probably give it another listen later on and see if it grows on me.

BrailleDecibel

Member Of The 27" Club
Reaction score
I'm really digging everything I've heard from this album so far. The vocals have some "ehhh" moments, but it's nothing that distracts from the awesomely heavy riffs he's churning out here. I'm really hoping he winds up rejoining KoRn and bringing some of those tasty riffs back to their music, which has been sorely missing them over the last few albums.

no_dice

a very bad old bear
Reaction score
Call me crazy, but some of the riffs lead me to believe he's been listening to some Periphery. :lol:

BillNephew

Reaction score
I've never really enjoyed Korn, but this stuff is pretty awesome! The vocals are "meh" at some points, but I really enjoy the riffing!

Joose

Custom User Title
Reaction score
"Paralyzed" reminds me so much of Follow The Leader. Gotta pick this one up.

no_dice

a very bad old bear
Reaction score
Well head has had that kind of style to his riffs for years, it could just be fluke that they sound similar:shrug:

Being that I haven't listened to Korn in a long time, and never listened to Head's first solo album, I guess I wouldn't know. I've just been listening to the album and could hear what could be a little influence. Either way, the album grooves hard and I wasn't in any way trying to insinuate that he was jocking their style. :hbang:

Latest posts

')