Love And Death (Head from Korn)

• Thread starter jwade
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The guitars sound awesome.

I think Head has been listening to Vildhjarta, tone sounds like Axe-FX.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

wankerness

Reaction score
The guitars sound awesome.

I think Head has been listening to Vildhjarta, tone sounds like Axe-FX.

Yes, it definitely sounds like they're trying to jump on the djent bandwagon, the riffs are straight out of vildhjarta or periphery (minus the technicality). I don't really have a strong opinion on it, it isn't bad for what it is but I doubt I'd ever listen to it.

Triple7

The Decepticon
Reaction score
I don't think Head's jumping on any bandwagon at all. He's groovin, pretty much like he always has. Riffs sound awesome to me.

wankerness

Reaction score
I don't think Head's jumping on any bandwagon at all. He's groovin, pretty much like he always has. Riffs sound awesome to me.

I dunno what he's done since leaving Korn, but there's absolutely no similarity in there to what he did with Korn while it sounds a heck of a lot like Djent bands to me. Maybe there's been a natural progression? It seems like a weird place to end up independently.

leonardo7

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah I think these songs that Head wrote in 1994-1995 came from listening to Periphery and Vildhjarta

And the riff he co-wrote in 1997 for the song Justin was definitely djent inspired

Lets not forget how Korn rolled way back in '94

leonardo7

Banned
Reaction score
This one from '96 definitely came from listening to djent bands like Periphery and Vildjarta:

Ok, Ill stop there :lol:

Even if his recent inspirations have been rejuvenated by modern bands, I think that if anything, its all just an evolution of a style that he sort of helped create to begin with.

no_dice

a very bad old bear
Reaction score
Jeez, I didn't mean to start a shitstorm there. Korn was my favorite band in middle school. ALL I was saying was that I could hear perhaps a little influence from bands like Periphery in SOME of the riffs. I honestly think it's cool if he did, in fact, take some inspiration from bands that he no doubt inspired to some degree. I didn't say Head was some punk ass poser trying to hop on the nu-djent bandwagon.

If you can't hear any influence whatsoever there, then I must just be crazy.

CrashRG

I'm Back Bitches!
Reaction score
Honestly, I think the band sounds huge. Those tones are killer, but Head (and munky) have always been about sick tones.....I think the lyrics can be a little cheesy at times, but hey, whatever.

As with the "djenty" sound......I don't think he can help it. It sounds fucking awesome, I think it's bit of a natural progression for him.

BTW......Does the very beggining with the "seasick" guitar intro to Fading Away remind anyone of ADIDAS?

8last

Reaction score
Jeez, I didn't mean to start a shitstorm there. Korn was my favorite band in middle school. ALL I was saying was that I could hear perhaps a little influence from bands like Periphery in SOME of the riffs. I honestly think it's cool if he did, in fact, take some inspiration from bands that he no doubt inspired to some degree. I didn't say Head was some punk ass poser trying to hop on the nu-djent bandwagon.

If you can't hear any influence whatsoever there, then I must just be crazy.

I hear a strong breaking benjamin influence in that vid. The rifts are better than bb though

wankerness

Reaction score
Ok, Ill stop there :lol:

Even if his recent inspirations have been rejuvenated by modern bands, I think that if anything, its all just an evolution of a style that he sort of helped create to begin with.

None of those sound at all like that new song guitarwise, I'm very familiar with korn's entire catalog up until the point he left. I must have listened to follow the leader about fifty times and untouchables/issues/life is peachy only a bit less :(

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
The Abandoning sounds like a claasic Korn song to me, just with a more modern guitar tone. If anything, I agree with the guy that said it has a bit of a Breaking Benjamin vibe to it in the chorus.

Joose

Custom User Title
Reaction score
BTW......Does the very beggining with the "seasick" guitar intro to Fading Away remind anyone of ADIDAS?

Yep. And the intro to "Paralyzed" reminds me a LOT of "Thoughtless".

Korbain

Stay negative!
Reaction score
Just further proof that Munky's a talentless songwriter.

oh get real, the whole band has always said munky was one main the song writers even in their early documentarys (maybe they just say that to make him feel better about himself) lol

They were just a tight unit that complimented each other. I would def love to see head return to korn, super keen for this new project of his though :hbang:

Louis Cypher

Reaction score
Ordered this album yesterday and can't wait!!

Munky & Head together were/are pretty unstoppable as a guitar duo and imo are one of the greatest, up there with the Young Brothers, Tipton & Downing, Hetfield & Hammett

The tracks off this new Love and Death cd I have heard though are crushing!

')