Love And Death (Head from Korn)

• Thread starter jwade
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

osmosis2259

Reaction score

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Clydefrog

Reaction score
oh get real, the whole band has always said munky was one main the song writers even in their early documentarys (maybe they just say that to make him feel better about himself) lol

They were just a tight unit that complimented each other. I would def love to see head return to korn, super keen for this new project of his though :hbang:

So what explanation is there for the fact that when Head left, the band took an immediate drop into the toilet? Head's first solo album dropped and it was almost like Korn had resumed making music in the early 2000s under a new name.

linchpin

Specter
Reaction score
Korn have been posting the release date of his album on their facebook and called it his "Side project"... are you guys pondering what I'm pondering?:idea:

Joose

Custom User Title
Reaction score
So what explanation is there for the fact that when Head left, the band took an immediate drop into the toilet? Head's first solo album dropped and it was almost like Korn had resumed making music in the early 2000s under a new name.

Well... Take a listen to JD's solo stuff. That's why a lot of my friends and I call modern Korn, "The Jonathan Davis Project".

Korbain

Stay negative!
Reaction score

He's not a bad song writer , even if it is basic as fuck, he just needs head there to compliment it. Ever since head left the quality has dropped, hence why i said they were a tight unit that complimented each other.

Clearly Head's new project shows he's stepped up, and is obviously working with good musicians. I'd love to see munky have more balls and try push his skill more (or atleast get another guitarist to work with!), im all for if it ain't broke don't fix it, but korn need something outside their usual sound...i agree with the above comment, Korn is the jon davis project now (especially the dub step album).

6o66er

Awful Jack-ass
Reaction score
This is VERY similar to older Korn. Tuned lower (clearly following the recent trend of tuning lower than Hell itself), and less 'unique' vocals, but this is the 'Korn' sound all around. Fat, sludgy, groovy, and dissonant in all the right places.

And there is absolutely nothing wrong with that.

I like it! :agreed:

Joose

Custom User Title
Reaction score
This is embarrassingly bad.

Mofuckers just can't hang shit up and walk away.

Why would he "hang shit up" when so many of us dig the fuck out of this?

It sounds like old school Korn mixed with Red. It's fucking awesome.

The pre-chorus ("Tell me you lost it, tell me you lost it") riff and vocals on "I W8 4 U" are nasssssty. Love it.

"Meltdown" is a great track.

ZXIIIT

XIII
Reaction score
Head and his band use Bogner amps.

I personally like the songs Munky wrote with Jonathan when Head left, there are some killer songs in that era and all of Head's stuff is awesome too, but I''m biased.

abandonist

Banned
Reaction score
Why would he "hang shit up" when so many of us dig the fuck out of this?

sex, drugs, rock and roll > jesus and clean living

This sounds completely affected, and the lyrical content is indefensible.

I'll leave it at that.

DarkWolfXV

Excised n anatomised
Reaction score
The ambient-kinda riffs are cool, and the heavy djenty parts aren't bad. Great that no whiny clean vocals are here like in Periphery. This is kinda enjoyable for djent.

Reaction score

I'll leave it at that.
who gives a shit about the lyrics when you have a tone like that and can groove like theres no tomorrow. im not sure if you've noticed but there are hardly any bands that follow the sex drugs and rock and roll motto anymore.

Eptaceros

Wayfarer
Reaction score
Where's the balls? This sounds like it could've been arranged and written by Patrice Wilson.

no_dice

a very bad old bear
Reaction score
Just the phrase 'sex, drugs, and rock n' roll' fills my head with images of pony-tailed, toilet-seat hairline guitar shop guys chatting it up about the good ole' days. Honestly, I'm not really into the lyrics, but if it's the message he wants to send, then so be it. I like the music enough to deal with it.

phugoid

Reaction score
Just the phrase 'sex, drugs, and rock n' roll' fills my head with images of pony-tailed, toilet-seat hairline guitar shop guys chatting it up about the good ole' days. Honestly, I'm not really into the lyrics, but if it's the message he wants to send, then so be it. I like the music enough to deal with it.

Hey, that's not a toilet seat hairline! It's a toroidal solar panel for my sex machine.

Joose

Custom User Title
Reaction score

I'll leave it at that.

A lot of the lyrics on this album may be about all that, but I can also take them as something that is meaningful to me. It's not like he's being blatant about it.

Besides, it sounds fucking awesome.

Latest posts

')