Love And Death (Head from Korn)

• Thread starter jwade
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

wankerness

Reaction score
This.

Sounds like Vildhjarta? :lol:

Djent? :lol:

Yes. 0:30 in the song in the first post sounds more like a super-simple version of the verse riff from Dagger than any of the Korn songs linked imo.

osmosis2259

Reaction score
Been spinning this in my car since the release date and it totally owns. Lyrics don't bother me but these great riffs and the production is fantastic so that is good enough for me to enjoy. I personally like it better than anything Korn has done in the past 10 years.

Favorite tracks:
The Abandoning
Watching the Bottom Fall
Meltdown
My Disaster
Chemicals
Bruises

trent6308

Reaction score
Head and his band use Bogner amps.

I personally like the songs Munky wrote with Jonathan when Head left, there are some killer songs in that era and all of Head's stuff is awesome too, but I''m biased.

I agree. There's some great tunes on the new korn albums. However, a lot of it is a far cry from their old stuff (not in a bad way).

I'm liking Heads new stuff. Really hits the spot for old korn fans like me.

Joose

Custom User Title
Reaction score
I'd have to say my favorite tracks are:

Chemicals
I W8 4 U
Paralyzed
Meltdown

Gnome7

Reaction score
Never liked Korn or their guitar style. I did not enjoy this. Nu-Metal was kind of crappy anyway.

Gnome7

Reaction score
If you never liked Korn or their guitar style then why did you bother to listen to album that was written by one of their guitarists ?

I check out a lot of shit. Maybe I thought this might be different? I have an opinion and I said it. Sorry I ruined the hugfest for this album.

trent6308

Reaction score
Never liked Korn or their guitar style. I did not enjoy this. Nu-Metal was kind of crappy anyway.

To each their own.

I remember the first time I heard Life is Peachy. I'd never heard anything like it. At the time there was nothing out there even in the same vein.

8last

Reaction score
To each their own.

I remember the first time I heard Life is Peachy. I'd never heard anything like it. At the time there was nothing out there even in the same vein.

I wish I could bottle that feeling up. First time I heard life is peachy my cousin played it for me. It was so intense hearing it with nothing to compare it to. The creepy album art and that dark, brutal and strange sound. Nirvana was as heavy is got for me before that

Maggai

Slayer of the gods
Reaction score
Life is peachy is so fucked up and ugly and heavy. I love it!

Reaction score
I don't think Head's jumping on any bandwagon at all. He's groovin, pretty much like he always has. Riffs sound awesome to me.

Agreed. Riffs are the same kind of stuff minus the technicality. He is in Drop-G on a baritone Ibanez (his 17-year old co-guitarist J.R. Is in Drop-G on a PRS baritone).

Very groovy.

Head is stilll using Bogner Uberschall head (or Ecstacy, he might have switched here) along with Mesa 4x12 cabs.

leonardo7

Banned
Reaction score
Life is Peachy rules! Their first album was tracked in one month but Life is peachy is their most raw un produced album. They wrote most of it and tracked it from the road super quick style.

Metal Guitarist

Reaction score
Does anyone else think the tone on Korn's first few albums sucked? But this sounds awesome!

')