Love And Death (Head from Korn)

• Thread starter jwade
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ferret

Reaction score
Finally gave this a listen. I like it a lot, and find the vocals just fine. Certainly some... cheesy choruses here and there, but it sounds great over all.

....first Korn album was the last cassette tape I ever owned....

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

hand amputation

Reaction score
Of course you can play a 6 or a 7 that sounds as heavy as an 8 string, the only difference is the number of strings. With the right gauges and pickups it's totally doable.

I guess I worded that weird...

I know you can tune a 6 or 7 string down, but I had never heard of Head playing a baritone 6 before. What is the tuning on that??

lucasreis

ERG Ambassador
Reaction score
I guess I worded that weird...

I know you can tune a 6 or 7 string down, but I had never heard of Head playing a baritone 6 before. What is the tuning on that??

Oh, it's ok :lol:

He's been playing baritone guitars since his first solo album. He used Bb standard and Drop G# in his first album (Save Me From Myself). He kept this tuning for Love & Death's album, so it's a baritone 6 string in Drop G#. For the song I W8 5 U it's the same tuning, but half step down, so it's in Drop F (F-C-F-A♯-D-G) on a baritone 6 as well :)

hand amputation

Reaction score
Oh, it's ok :lol:

He's been playing baritone guitars since his first solo album. He used Bb standard and Drop G# in his first album (Save Me From Myself). He kept this tuning for Love & Death's album, so it's a baritone 6 string in Drop G#. For the song I W8 5 U it's the same tuning, but half step down, so it's in Drop F (F-C-F-A♯-D-G) on a baritone 6 as well :)

Thanks for the info! So a baritone 6 is just BEADGB? Then he dropped it all a half step and THEN "dropped" the low b a-la drop d tuning??

Ben.Last

Formerly Lern2Swim
Reaction score
Exemplifies the difference between being a skilled musician and being a great songwriter.

THE RIFFS!!!

')