Low B weird sound...

• Thread starter Rayder
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Rayder

Reaction score
had my schecter hellraiser for a week now, and im lovin it so far, however the 7th string has a certain sound to it that is very different to the 6th string, and you can really tell when playing the 5th fret powerchord on the B. its a very bassy sound, and im trying to find the correct frequency that it happens on, but no luck. could it be because of the 707's? or maybe the gauge of string? or maybe both? i put 11-58's on when i got it. anyone else notice this with theirs? im having a hard time trying to dial it out without making it sound crap, even with a 30 band equalizer...
thanks for any help guys

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

yevetz

I am a COCK!!!!!!!!!
Contributor
Reaction score
I know that shit. I had it too and I just put new strings on my guitar ........ the more thinest . I have no bassy sound when my 7 string is 52 or 54 gauge........ so man just buy new strings. But when I put new strings ............ that more thinest I start to have some buzz on 7 th string. So I have the same problem. :noplease:

ZeroSignal

Meal Team Six
Contributor
Reaction score
had my schecter hellraiser for a week now, and im lovin it so far, however the 7th string has a certain sound to it that is very different to the 6th string, and you can really tell when playing the 5th fret powerchord on the B. its a very bassy sound, and im trying to find the correct frequency that it happens on, but no luck. could it be because of the 707's? or maybe the gauge of string? or maybe both? i put 11-58's on when i got it. anyone else notice this with theirs? im having a hard time trying to dial it out without making it sound crap, even with a 30 band equalizer...
thanks for any help guys

I don't know much about schecters but I do know that the EMG 707 was designed with Dino Cazares of Fear Factory and he used really light strings (10-54/56).

I've currently got a 65 on my RG1527 with a DS7 and it also sounds really bassy (almost like a neck pickup at times! :lol: ) so it could be a heavy string thing.

I'd recommend changing the strings too. :yesway:

yevetz

I am a COCK!!!!!!!!!
Contributor
Reaction score
I don't know much about schecters but I do know that the EMG 707 was designed with Dino Cazares of Fear Factory and he used really light strings (10-54/56).

I've currently got a 65 on my RG1527 with a DS7 and it also sounds really bassy (almost like a neck pickup at times! :lol: ) so it could be a heavy string thing.

I'd recommend changing the strings too. :yesway:

But when you put thinest strings the strings starts to buzz :(

Pablo

Resident Wanker
Reaction score
But when you put thinest strings the strings starts to buzz :(
... Which is why God brought us the truss rod...

I've gone down in low B gauges recently, as I found the tone of the low B somehow muffled. So, I went from 60 to 56 which improved the tone greatly, I tried 52 and 54 as well, but the feel was just too "rubber-band-y". Still, I wasn't quite happy so I did one last thing that brought my tone home: I swapped the low B 56 for a stainless steel 56.

So my advice for avoiding the muffled tone is light gauges and a stainless steel low B.

Cheers

Eske

')