Lowering the output of EMG pickups{Just found this on their website}

• Thread starter Krypteia713
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Good luck finding your answers. -Shrug-

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
gojira said:
No - I'm sorry - you personally attacked me - now you are being a hypocrite - this is why I cant move on:fawk:

Sigh. Yes, whatever you say man. I stated an opinion and you flipped out attacking me. I should have just taken other peoples advice on this thread and ignored you.

gojira

Reaction score
Krypteia713 said:
Yeah I know they arent dynamic but thats more then fine I love their tone I wouldnt want to change it.Just less output so they dont drive my clean channel into distortion as much.I cant wait till DPM gets up he seems to really know what hes talking about based on posts of his I've read.

the guys a genius - no shit - I've known him for years and i tend to just take his word for it these days based on the fact it's coming out of his mouth - which I wouldn't normally do. Thing is - he explains stuff i dont have a fucking clue about, and it just seems to always work.

His CAD is sloppy though!!!!:wallbash:

gojira

Reaction score
zimbloth said:
Sigh. Yes, whatever you say man. I stated an opinion and you flipped out attacking me. I should have just taken other peoples advice on this thread and ignored you.

sarcasm....:idea:

but hey - you obviously aren't ready to move on by the sounds of things:lol:

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Because it's ridiculous. There's no reason for these stupid arguments to come about. We probably have a shitload in common and would get along, it's pointless that just because I had a differing opinion on a stupid pickup that somehow you should flip out and launch personal attacks.

This is supposed to be a "community", that should apply even if someone has differing opinions on something. I never said everyone who uses EMGs sucked. I acknowledged from the get go some of my favorite guitarists and albums of all time used EMGs. I just said I had some bad experiences with them and prefer passives. I love old Fear Factory and In Flames and the like, love how it sounds on a record, but when I've seen them live, for example Dino's tone sounded awful. It hardly makes me a cock because I say something you don't agree with. If you recall I only even brought it up because someone was saying "EMGS ARE THE ONLY WAY TO GET A GOOD EXTREME METAL TONE" or whatever so I said I disagree.

gojira

Reaction score
zimbloth said:
Because it's ridiculous. There's no reason for these stupid arguments to come about. We probably have a shitload in common and would get along, it's pointless that just because I had a differing opinion on a stupid pickup that somehow you should flip out and launch personal attacks.

This is supposed to be a "community", that should apply even if someone has differing opinions on something. I never said everyone who uses EMGs sucked. I acknowledged from the get go some of my favorite guitarists and albums of all time used EMGs. I just said I had some bad experiences with them and prefer passives. I love old Fear Factory and In Flames and the like, love how it sounds on a record, but when I've seen them live, for example Dino's tone sounded awful. It hardly makes me a cock because I say something you don't agree with. If you recall I only even brought it up because someone was saying "EMGS ARE THE ONLY WAY TO GET A GOOD EXTREME METAL TONE" or whatever so I said I disagree.

The pickup has nothing to do with it - you can disagree with me all day long thats not the issue that has gestated in the last hour - it's a matter of attitude, and quite frankly I was getting a little sick of yours. You made declerations of fact - thats wildly different to an opinion.

I fully agree emgs aren't the only way to get a metal tone - however thats not the point i was arguing with you, - I'm not arguing your preferance, I'm arguing the dodgy technical justifications for it you put forward -

I'm sure you have some great stuff to share here, never doubted it, but the infallable machismo has got to stop - I'd hate for everyone to agree, but i despise misinformation - (and good spelling).

gojira

Reaction score
Drache713 said:

nah leave it open - we'll argue in private if at all - the guys question can actually be answered.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Drache713 said:

I don't blame you, this has gotten out of hand. I would vote for it being locked too, but that fellow still wants an answer to his EMG output question.

PS: Where in this thread did I say anything was a fact and not an opinion? PM me if you can find it somewhere.

Rev2010

Contributor
Reaction score
Screw locking it, the dude wants his answer. I'm curious to hear the procedure too. Gojira and Zimbloth just need to stop freaking replying to each other. Try this now... just stop replying or start sending PM's.

Rev.

DSS3

Banned
Reaction score
zimbloth said:
when I said Nevermore sometimes uses Duncans and DiMarzios, I was referring to the fact that I've seen Jeff playing Schecter blackjacks with Jbs in them in studio clips and live, and Steve Smyth uses DiMarzios I believe. I'm aware on Enemies of Reality and Dead Heart he used 707s :)

PS: You personally own a Krank? I considred buying one of those but I thought maybe it was all hype, because the samples I've heard werent that impressive. I also hear its kind of solid-state sounding. Can you tell me more about it?

Yes, Jeff did have a stock BJ for one tour, but right before the tracking for TGE was done, he put 707's in it. I can't find the picture now, but I used to have it. It looked badass!

Steve has always been a Duncan user. Invader/Full Shred set for quite some time, up until joining Testament, where he was converted to a JB in the bridge. Since joining Nevermore, he's had his custom Warlock built with 707's, and put an 81-7 in his purple Ignitor.

Don't personally own one, but I've played them many times. Think of a better 5150 ;).

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
DSS3 said:
Yes, Jeff did have a stock BJ for one tour, but right before the tracking for TGE was done, he put 707's in it. I can't find the picture now, but I used to have it. It looked badass!

Steve has always been a Duncan user. Invader/Full Shred set for quite some time, up until joining Testament, where he was converted to a JB in the bridge. Since joining Nevermore, he's had his custom Warlock built with 707's, and put an 81-7 in his purple Ignitor.

Don't personally own one, but I've played them many times. Think of a better 5150 ;).

Thanks for the info. I hope to try a Krankenstein sometime. As for the Nevermore topic, I've always loved their sound, EMGs or otherwise.

')