Ltd 200 series quality

• Thread starter Intellex222
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Intellex222

Reaction score
Hello guys,
i am considering buying an Ltd sn200ht for some lower tuned music (architects) and i am not sure if this is a good investment. I am used to playing mayones guitars and i don't want this guitar to feel like firewood in comparison. Any input would be appreciated.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

marke

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Depends on your demands, but I've personally had multiple ESPs from all price categories except custom shop, and LTD TE200s were still the best. That said, I think they require tuner and bridge saddle swaps to really shine. The basics were very good - great playability, imho. They may lack some finesse of ESP SS/E-II, but they were also better in terms of feel somehow. YMMV and I think SN has different neck profile. I had SN1000 HT and it was excellent, other than being a bit "spanky". Hard to describe what I mean exactly.. Fun to play, but lacked some girth of those Teles, for example.

Coryd

Reaction score
I really am considering a TE-200

love the looks of them!

Zhysick

Reaction score
I had a M-200 from 1998 that really kicked ass.

you really can't compare older LTDs with newers... I'm not saying "old guitars are better than new guitars" (nah, bullshit) but neck profiles are a bit different (I have tried about two dozens of mid-level LTDs and NONE have the same profile as my 2001 EX100)... it may be because the QC back then was a bit meh or because on those years all were made in Korea instead of Indonesia (different factory, different workers...) or whatever, but they feel different.
On the other hand, newer LTDs sound a lot better than older LTDs once you put nice pickups in both.

I think 200 series LTDs are some of the best bang for the buck guitars out there if not the best, specially if you like rounder but narrower necks (so you don't want an Ibanez). The narrow nut and fffffking huge frets is a match made in heaven and the finish and fit of those guitars is really great considering the money.

Compared to your Mayones? I haven't played a Mayones but I would expect the LTD to feel cheap but you might be surprised of how good it plays...

')