Ltd 207 sc

• Thread starter dundee-steve
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi guys i have a ltd 207 sc with emg 707 . i have had it set up and re strung by my local guitar store . but it still sound like crap . am i better getting shot of it or can anyone give me any tips?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Setups will increase the playability, and very slightly increase tone, if at all. It just seems like you don't like the sound of the guitar. You can look into different pickups, strings, etc. or work on the signal chain/settings of your effects and amp, it's really up to you.

Reaction score
Im using a randall rg200 amp no pedals yet . I have a 6 string with emg hz in it and sounds awsome its a custom but it plays like a ibanez s . I have someone wanting to swap the for a ibanez 350 dx and cash . Dont know what to do !!
Thanks for the advice

Jontain

Reaction score
Does sound like the setup is quite nice and shouldnt be that bad (tonewise). As always check the batteries and put a fresh set of strings on but if this doesnt help it could be the settings on the amp? Different settings on the amp can help bring out some more of the range, I usually find with each of my guitars they sound better using different settings from one another?

:hbang:

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
Sorry if this sounds opinionated, but active EMG's just don't seem to work with solid state amps.

blister7321

Reaction score
the batteries and or your amps settings could be the issue also i your strings are too thin for the tunning theyre in would also make it sound bad

CodyMTS

jun jun jun
Reaction score
I play an sc207 myself, with an EMG 81-7 in the bridge, and i like how it sounds, plays, everythings great for the price it is.
Dont give up on her, make sure she always has fresh batteries / fresh strings and make sure shes intonated right and she'll sound mint!
Yes, my guitar is a girl.

Reaction score
I play an sc207 myself, with an EMG 81-7 in the bridge, and i like how it sounds, plays, everythings great for the price it is.
Dont give up on her, make sure she always has fresh batteries / fresh strings and make sure shes intonated right and she'll sound mint!
Yes, my guitar is a girl.

Are u from perth scotland ? Im really undecided the band im in just now arent really geared up fro a 7 . and i really miss my rg .
Ill check the batts make sure its good

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
:hbang:Not at all dude allways happy for the info . Its a bit wierd my 6 string with active pups sounds great with this amp.

HZ's? Those are passive EMG's. They aren't bad pickups in either case, but the HZ's are not comparable to the 707 or 81/7.

I've had a great deal of success with passive pickups through solid state amps and active pickups through tube amps, but I've always noticed the buzziness of the actives through solid state amps. I don't know if it's a case of too much of a good thing or just incompatibilities between the frequency responses of each.

If you have a pal who has a tube amp, try the ESP through it to see if it still sounds bad.

I could be wrong, but this is a complaint I have seen a lot in the past.

Fragments

Reaction score
are the 81-7's or 707's better on the ltd-207? i have one going through a line 6 spider 4 hd150 and really need to get a more djenty tone.

witch

Reaction score
Does it play or sound like crap? or both ? I wouldn't blame it on the guitar or pickups personally. I went from an invader loaded, ibanez rg7321 to emg 707's in an ltd sc207 and I had to mess around with amp settings, as they just sounded so bassy. I played with the mids/bass settings on my amp/effects unit and now it sounds great.
I think its the best sounding guitar I've had. And I've had a few, mostly emg/blackout configured 6 strings. I'd really like to play a 607b but seem to be a bit of a rarity around here now :)

jl-austin

Reaction score
Sorry if this sounds opinionated, but active EMG's just don't seem to work with solid state amps.

I use a line6 podxt (haven't upgraded to the HD yet), and I definitely agree with his statement. The EMG's sound ok, but it's like something is missing.

')