Ltd Aw-7 vs Schecter Blackjack SLS c-7

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Want a 26.5'' scale, Tune O Matic bridge and Duncans or 25.5'' scale, Hipshot-style bridge, and Dimarzios? :p

They're going to be extremely close quality wise. The SLS will also have a thinner neck.

UV7BK4LIFE

Schecter A7 addict
Reaction score
i want hipshot,dimarzios but i want 26.5

Lol. Even Alex Wade himself wanted that, iirc, but ESP refuses to make that scale.

That probably has something to do with having to re-tool the whole production line when they'd make a run of one model with a different scale.

The scale is the only thing that cannot be changed, so then I'd pick the SLS.

User Name

Banned
Reaction score
as much as I love the aw-7, I think the schecter will just be a better quality guitar with more features.

edit: my bad! Looks like you already made your choice!

BlazinmanFly

Reaction score
ltd AW7 all the way. Probably the most comfortable 7 string neck I've ever played on.

HurrDurr

Lord of all Things
Reaction score
Lol. Even Alex Wade himself wanted that, iirc, but ESP refuses to make that scale.

That probably has something to do with having to re-tool the whole production line when they'd make a run of one model with a different scale.

The scale is the only thing that cannot be changed, so then I'd pick the SLS.

I don't know if it was a production issue on their end. I mean, some of the higher-end SC's are made with a 27" neck and they were some of the first to be done so. Maybe ESP would much rather keep the bigger scale lengths to their higher-end models, since the AW is a mid-range axe.

EDIT: The SC-T models are 27", same stock and everything.

Last edited:

BusinessMan

Reaction score
I'm gonna have to say the sls. I just absolutely hate the headstock on the aw7. I'm sure it's a great guitar though.

Allealex

Reaction score
Dig your choice man, the AW-7 is a way classier guitar :yesway:

McBonez

Banned
Reaction score
I don't know if it was a production issue on their end. I mean, some of the higher-end SC's are made with a 27" neck and they were some of the first to be done so. Maybe ESP would much rather keep the bigger scale lengths to their higher-end models, since the AW is a mid-range axe.

EDIT: The SC-T models are 27", same stock and everything.

Since the discussion was based on 26.5" scales and not 27"...

I would say it's fair to assume that if Alex wanted a 27" scale he could have very easily gotten it. Are you forgetting that the SC-607B is in the same class as the AW-7?

I think it was a matter of ESP simply not wanting to deliver a 26.5" scale as was already mentioned.

Just a thought, of course.

ChubbyEwok

Reaction score
I own both guitars and as much as I LOVE my AW 7, the Schecter sls c7 just feels better to me. Not to say the AW 7 is bad or anything but the sls has a thinner neck and a satin finish. Also the Schecter has a 26.5 scale length compared to the 25.5 length on the AW 7. The AW 7 does have a darker and fuller sound then the sls. Both are incredible guitars and I truly think you'll be happy with either one. :)

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Dig your choice man, the AW-7 is a way classier guitar :yesway:

The SLS can be just as classy. ;)

Fullguitar_zps7416ea94.jpg

Since the discussion was based on 26.5" scales and not 27"...

I would say it's fair to assume that if Alex wanted a 27" scale he could have very easily gotten it. Are you forgetting that the SC-607B is in the same class as the AW-7?

I think it was a matter of ESP simply not wanting to deliver a 26.5" scale as was already mentioned.

Just a thought, of course.

ESP didn't want to do a 26.25'' guitar, so yeah, that's why it's 25.5''.

ScoopdaMids

Reaction score
I just saw this thread. I ordered the AW-7 this morning. I got a thing for pickguards!

')