Ltd Ed. Schecter 8 string silverburst

• Thread starter capoeiraesp
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

capoeiraesp

Reaction score
Schecter Damien Elite 8 Silver Burst

Just got this in an email from pro guitar shop. I'm not an 8 string player but I figured there'd be a few of you who'd been keen on this.

DamienElite8SVB_1_03.jpg

DamienElite8SVB_1_02.jpg

Schecter Damian Elite 8 Silver Burst: The Specs
Finish – Limited Silver Sparkle
Body – Mahogany
Neck – Maple w/Graphite Rods (bolt-on)
Scale – 26.5
Fretboard – Rosewood w/24 X-Jumbo Frets
Inlay – Abalone Gothic Crosses w/Stained Cross at 12th Fret
Tuners – Grover
Pickups – EMG Active 808
Electronics – Vol,Tone and 3-way Switch
Bridge – Schecter CTM-8
Hardware – Black Chrome

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

anne

No privacy hedge.
Reaction score
I love Schecters, but rosewood board + abalone inlay + black paint headstock + silverburst body on one guitar... It's just... ...no, thanks.

beneharris

Reaction score
man, i love the inlays on these. it was one of the things that made me buy my damien 7 elite. different strokes huh?

it is odd that they didn't seem to match the headstock paintjob

fujitron

Reaction score
Too bad that inlay is so tacky :( Next to the McDonalds yellow fretboard thats my biggest problem with my loomis. :lol:

sorta agreed... it looks kitsch :/

inlays from abalone remind me of bouzouks. however is the plural of bouzouk or however is that spelled in english

tuneinrecords

Reaction score
I was never a big fan of the Schecter headstocks. I'll say it again, headstocks can make or break a guitar. I'm a fan of big headstocks and also the more classic 3 on one side 3 on the other (4 and 3) (4 and 4). Just the right reverse headstock can be nice too. It's gotta balance well with the body.

celticelk

Reaction score
I was never a big fan of the Schecter headstocks. I'll say it again, headstocks can make or break a guitar. I'm a fan of big headstocks and also the more classic 3 on one side 3 on the other (4 and 3) (4 and 4). Just the right reverse headstock can be nice too. It's gotta balance well with the body.

I agree that shape is important, though I think that Schecter's 4/4 does a better balancing job than the more elongated Ibanez 8-string headstock, which looks like someone inappropriately adjusted the aspect ratio or something. I'm really fond of Tom Drinkwater's recent 5/3 headstock as well; that's the one I'll be using on my order from him.

')