LTD / ESP - FM-408 - ODD QUESTION

• Thread starter T0mass
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

robotsatemygma

myspace.com/pygar1
Reaction score
Damn dude that's HAWT! Looks like you have a "LTD Custom", haha!

I have a few thoughts on this situation. If it is indeed a one of a kind... then MAYBE you got yourself an ESP Custom at a LTD price. Or if it's one of 10 limited run it's going to catch a pretty penny. Either way... it's rare and you should hold on to it.

Reaction score
Damn dude that's HAWT! Looks like you have a "LTD Custom", haha!

I have a few thoughts on this situation. If it is indeed a one of a kind... then MAYBE you got yourself an ESP Custom at a LTD price. Or if it's one of 10 limited run it's going to catch a pretty penny. Either way... it's rare and you should hold on to it.

only one problem with that, ESP doesn't put "LTD" on there customs :wavey:

Herrseigneur

Maelsthorn
Contributor
Reaction score
only one problem with that, ESP doesn't put "LTD" on there customs :wavey:
:nono:What about Hetfield's 7sting F serie w/skull&crossbones?
If it was a LTD prototype why would they put the ESP logo on it? Maybe it's made with extra special care (custom?) :shrug: And if this is no prototype (and just a mistake) then we can talk about an extra special lack of care:lol:
thumbs up to the guy who did it though! A SC-8 WITHOUT the annoying signature inlay!!!! Congrats!

Reaction score
:nono:What about Hetfield's 7sting F serie w/skull&crossbones?
If it was a LTD prototype why would they put the ESP logo on it? Maybe it's made with extra special care (custom?) :shrug: And if this is no prototype (and just a mistake) then we can talk about an extra special lack of care:lol:
thumbs up to the guy who did it though! A SC-8 WITHOUT the annoying signature inlay!!!! Congrats!

I thought the F Series 7 strings had some Skull and Cross bone inlays though :scratch:

Herrseigneur

Maelsthorn
Contributor
Reaction score
I thought the F Series 7 strings had some Skull and Cross bone inlays though :scratch:
I don't know of any 7string F serie ,exept for the LTD F207 (with arrow inlays) and the ESP sanskrit.
ltd%20F207_s.jpg

esp_f_std_s7.jpg

I was talking about THIS
James%20ESP%20F%20Custom%2002.jpg

Sorry for the blurry screenshot (from St-Anger video disc)
Here's the inlays
James%20ESPF%20Custom%2004.jpg

Can anyone confirm anything?
And the headstock reads LTD:agreed::wavey:

( I know I know...I have toooo much time to waste on guitar-related websites:lol:)

Adam

Contributor
Reaction score
I don't know of any 7string F serie ,exept for the LTD F207 (with arrow inlays) and the ESP sanskrit.

Can anyone confirm anything?
And the headstock reads LTD:agreed::wavey:

( I know I know...I have toooo much time to waste on guitar-related websites:lol:)

They released 2 production models, the arrow inlaid one, and the skull and crossbones. Here's Regor's:
345476d454181088.jpg

I've also seen plenty more on ebay, but I've rarely seen the arrows one though.

Reaction score
They released 2 production models, the arrow inlaid one, and the skull and crossbones. Here's Regor's:
345476d454181088.jpg

I've also seen plenty more on ebay, but I've rarely seen the arrows one though.

:lol: I know that they haven't hade the LTD 7 string F guitars very long.

Herrseigneur

Maelsthorn
Contributor
Reaction score
Wow man I was so damn sure that was a custom. The arrow inlay one is from 99' I think, right during the major 7 string hype with KoRn and LB. 7 Strings are all over the place in Guitar World Buyers Guide from that year. (where I knew about the F207) But I never saw that skulland crossbone one anywere and it still seems pretty odd to me to see a "signature inlay" on a regular production model, especially from LTD...Maybe someone should tell this guy about it 7strings.ru - LTD by ESP:scratch: That's where I got the F207 picture from this morning. On a side note, isn't that MH307 georgous! :eek:
ltd_MH307_s.jpg

:noplease:1999....I was 13 the time = no money at all:noway:

Reaction score
Wow man I was so damn sure that was a custom. The arrow inlay one is from 99' I think, right during the major 7 string hype with KoRn and LB. 7 Strings are all over the place in Guitar World Buyers Guide from that year. (where I knew about the F207) But I never saw that skulland crossbone one anywere and it still seems pretty odd to me to see a "signature inlay" on a regular production model, especially from LTD...Maybe someone should tell this guy about it 7strings.ru - LTD by ESP:scratch: That's where I got the F207 picture from this morning. On a side note, isn't that MH307 georgous! :eek:
ltd_MH307_s.jpg

:noplease:1999....I was 13 the time = no money at all:noway:

Yes that is awesome, and I was 15 at the time and no money and no interest in guitars at the time :lol:

JaxoBuzzo

....ing river pirate
Reaction score
delete this thread,buy a esp custom shop sticker on ebay,throw it on the back of the headstock,and tell people its a custom :)

ralphy1976

1 less ERGNESS
Reaction score
Well it's "Official" I've been contacted by ESP's quality control representative. He's looked at the pictures, had meetings with there production and quality control people, even the person who signed off on the QC sticker. This LTD / FM-408 is possibly a one of a kind prototype, or at most one of a VERY VERY limited early run (like less than 10). They're going to do a bit more digging to see how many exist in circulation for sure. From my conversations, it seems that it's release to market may have been unintentional.

Just thought you all might be interested.

if you could get a letter from them, or any written statement to "prove" that your guitar is a genuine mistake, that would be awesome and would close the story nicely. Plus it is always a plus to have such docs when reselling such items.

Anyway, well done on finding this little jem

Ralphy

')