LTD...ESP...

• Thread starter thefool
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GuitaristOfHell

The Optimist Prime.
Reaction score
Just like that is your own opinion... No one is busting your balls about what you own and play and like. So what if some like the LTD's? So what if some like the Epiphone's, the SE's or the Charvel's??? it is what it is and as long as your happy with what you have, it's all that matters.
Never said I didn't like them, but compared to ESP they're shit, but for the price can't really argue. And I agree if you're happy with have you have that's all that really matters.:yesway:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Kamikaze7

Banned
Reaction score
Never said I didn't like them, but compared to ESP they're shit, but for the price can't really argue. And I agree if you're happy with have you have that's all that really matters.:yesway:

It's true that like anything else, you get what you pay for. But if you spend a little money and hot-rod it yourself you wind up with something you like better than what it was. And thanks for the agree-ance on being happy with what you like. It's all personal preference.:hbang::metal::agreed:

GuitaristOfHell

The Optimist Prime.
Reaction score
It's true that like anything else, you get what you pay for. But if you spend a little money and hot-rod it yourself you wind up with something you like better than what it was. And thanks for the agree-ance on being happy with what you like. It's all personal preference.:hbang::metal::agreed:
That's the beauty of things. Our preferences are all different. I'm happy with my Schecter C-1 Classic and don't give a shit how many people say schecters suck cause mines solid as a rock ( literally it's heavy as hell :lol:)

Kamikaze7

Banned
Reaction score
That's the beauty of things. Our preferences are all different. I'm happy with my Schecter C-1 Classic and don't give a shit how many people say schecters suck cause mines solid as a rock ( literally it's heavy as hell :lol:)

I agree and feel the same about my LTD's... Mine are the most solid and durable thing I've ever played. And yes, some of the Schecter's are heavy as all hell too.

cwhitey2

BlackendCrust Metal™
Reaction score
I like my LTD Deluxe :2c: to the op its annoying

Mehnike

SS.org Peruser
Reaction score

Gameboypdc

Reaction score
Hey at least people don't go around saying ESP when really they have a build from Grassroots or Edwards. I understand your frustration, and in all seriousness the builds are not all that different. Perhaps these companies should assign more exclusive designs to specific companies. So when you say I own an ESP, people know what models and builds that brand or branch offers without lookalikes. Yes the headstock answers most of the confusion, and it doesn't help that retail services advertise their products as ESP LTD instead of just LTD. Take Sam Ash online for example, if you were to search thru their solid body guitar category you will see that LTD is not a brand option. Although Squier has a tab of it's own separate from Fender. LTD is still lumped with ESP *sigh*.

CloudAC

Chaz
Reaction score
They are from the same company, they just have a difference in quality, just like Epiphone = Gibson and SE = PRS.

Now if they said it was an ESP instead of an ESP LTD, then theres a problem. If they say ESP LTD, there is no reason to be annoyed, at all. Because it IS an ESP LTD.

WickedSymphony

Reaction score
Perhaps these companies should assign more exclusive designs to specific companies.

That isn't really the purpose of having the separate branding under the same company though. Companies make these brands in order to differentiate between their high end models and the more affordable alternatives. Not everyone can go and grab a $4k ESP or Gibson, so they put out the same instrument for a fourth of the price by having it factory produced rather than done in their custom shops (obviously resulting in a lower quality instrument).

thefool

Reaction score
They are from the same company, they just have a difference in quality, just like Epiphone = Gibson and SE = PRS.

Now if they said it was an ESP instead of an ESP LTD, then theres a problem. If they say ESP LTD, there is no reason to be annoyed, at all. Because it IS an ESP LTD.

agreed, this thread got out of control but i agree with this.

Reaction score
Being a fellow ESP owner I too get annoyed with the LTD's being called ESP, especially when searching for info or products.

troyguitar

Reaction score
At least they spell the company name correctly.

S-Q-U-I-E-R

As in Billy Squier, not a young man training to be a knight.

E-R

E before R

Squier!

Philmorris

Reaction score
Reality is that most of elite esp guitar players wouldn't hear diference betwen esp and ltd if listening with blindfold.
Only time that is anoying is when searching info on esp, you get LTD thrown in.

splinter8451

Reaction score
At least they spell the company name correctly.

S-Q-U-I-E-R

As in Billy Squier, not a young man training to be a knight.

E-R

E before R

Squier!

Wow, I legit always saw it as Squire... I always thought of it as that and even saw it like that on guitars :rofl:

Crazy. I am.

Invader

97.5 The Brodeo
Reaction score
Yes, it annoys me a bit. It has gone to a point where you have to specifically point out you're talking about a real ESP to make things clear, otherwise there's a likely possibility people think you're talking about an LTD.

http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/pi...928-damn-ofr-string-lock-blocks-cracking.html

Like this one for example. The OP says ESP in the first post, but there's still some confusion. This is all thanks to people who misuse the ESP name.

I also find it a bit funny how someone has a ESP Custom Guitars avatar, states in his profile that ESP guitars are the only guitars for him, and all I see are LTD's. Dude, if you ever sell them, please take the ESP logo off and present them the way they are, an LTD and not an ESP. Yes, they have ESP written on the back. No, they're not the same. They're different beasts.

Actually, what's in a name? ESP or LTD? They're just letters. After all, what they sound and play like is what matters, and by those standards, LTD is not an ESP.

WickedSymphony

Reaction score
Reality is that most of elite esp guitar players wouldn't hear diference betwen esp and ltd if listening with blindfold.

I'd disagree with you there. And what about a blindfolded hands-on test? It'd be ridiculously easy to tell how an ESP blows away LTD by doing that.

Prydogga

Giddyup.
Reaction score
Ibanez Prestige and LACS are damn well in a different league to the indo and korean made line. But they all damn well say Ibanez on the headstock. Because THAT'S THE GOD DAMN BRAND. If ESP has Ltd on their website, and they're all the same shape, then I don't see what the problem with saying ESP Ltd is. I mean, it's just an extra acronym. :shrug:

Invader

97.5 The Brodeo
Reaction score
I don't see what the problem with saying ESP Ltd is. I mean, it's just an extra acronym. :shrug:

That's the thing. If people would say ESP-LTD, cool beans! That's what they are. But somehow some people manage to leave out the LTD and call them ESP, which they aren't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
')