LTD...ESP...

• Thread starter thefool
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thefool

Reaction score
I really don't feel like reading through all four of these pages to see what's going on, but if your calling your LTD an ESP to feel special, you really shouldn't, because you're not. Not for having an LTD anyways.
No one calls an Epiphone a Gibson and no one calls a Squire a Fender. Cut it out, it's annoying, you make searching for a real ESP difficult, you diminish the meaning of having a real ESP and you look like a noob ass.
Neg rep me all you want, it's not going to turn your LTD into an ESP :lol:

100% agree. This is all I was goin for when I made this thread lol. I just found it annoying when looking for the real thing. Lolsauce at all the crazies

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

splinter8451

Reaction score
YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH SECOND NEG REP EVER! KEEP 'EM COMIN' BOYS!

Chill out with the curse words man :D You are the one who needs to calm down and not get angry. Congrats on your 2nd neg rep ever -Splinter8451

I curse a lot, it's how I talk - "fuck" plays a major role in my vocabulary. I apologize if you read it in an angry tone ^_^

27xm8p4.jpg

Shit happens buddy ;) It's the internet.

spattergrind

Reaction score
Who cares.
Its an ESP either way.
If you say its an ESP and its an LTD, who cares, we know who makes them.
If you say its an ESP and its an ESP standard (ESP on the headstock) then even better.

Its pretty much the only thing you can do that with.

Honda-Acura. Toyota-Lexus-Scion,etc. Totally different.

ESP-LTD guitars all have the same bodies, just manufactured differently. Thats why it doesn't really matter. But then again Gibson-Epiphone :scratch:

I kinda think this thread is just about complaining.
i.e. OHH LOOK IM YELLING AT YOU WITH MY ALL CAPS! :fawk:

Elijah

Reaction score
100% agree. This is all I was goin for when I made this thread lol. I just found it annoying when looking for the real thing. Lolsauce at all the crazies

Right dude?? Have fun on ebay searching for esp haha. It's the worst, dude.
Sooooo annoying

Ketzer

Good news, everyone!
Reaction score
lol this thread is still going on. I haven't posted or said anything in it in over 2 months and I just got a neg rep yesterday from it. people in this thread need to od on some chill pills. maybe ill make some more "unnecessary fire starter" threads to see how mad some of these internet peoples get.

:lol: I did too. Same guy, too, cause he used the same words and seemed to not have a grasp on capitalization.

somniumaeternum

Reaction score
Sounds like someone is still a bit sore about having an LTD instead of an ESP.

I think this is a ridiculous thread. Lamborghini is owned by VW. If I own a Golf (and I do) I can certainly put Lamborghini branding all over it (but I don't). It's my option. But it's a bit ridiculous to say that since it's the same company they're the same thing.

Modifying a guitar yourself to match specific specs is not the same as buying a high end guitar simply because it's not the guitar maker who made it, therefore you shouldn't use THEIR name. I'm not saying quality, tone, playability, whatever wise will not be as good or even better but you still have no right to pretend its their work.

It's like kids who gets an exhaust and new headers about put "Type R" on their shitty Civic. Come on guys..

But, I'll repeat, it's not bad if you fix it up how you like it. If you know what you're doing it's really not that hard to make it much better than the stock model simply because most stock models are generalized and mass produced. But put YOUR logo on it, don't pretend its theirs.

Come on, how can this even be a real discussion?

doofman16arr

Doofman16arr
Reaction score
I have an LTD F-50, and an EX-50 (yup, super low end, I know), and I feel that they play better than most guitars I have played before. They dont necessarily SOUND better, but they certainly feel better. (By guitars that I have played before, I mean pretty much anything you can find on the wall at a Guitar Center)

When I first got the EX-50, I called it an ESP, but then I learned there was a difference, so I just call it an LTD now. No big deal.

I do have a hard time determining whether I prefer the feel of the LTDs or my Ibanez though...

and anything is better than a BC Rich or Schecter.

r3tr0sp3ct1v3

Reaction score
I have an LTD F-50, and an EX-50 (yup, super low end, I know), and I feel that they play better than most guitars I have played before. They dont necessarily SOUND better, but they certainly feel better. (By guitars that I have played before, I mean pretty much anything you can find on the wall at a Guitar Center)

When I first got the EX-50, I called it an ESP, but then I learned there was a difference, so I just call it an LTD now. No big deal.

I do have a hard time determining whether I prefer the feel of the LTDs or my Ibanez though...

and anything is better than a BC Rich or Schecter.

:noway: Schecters are nice :D I have a damien elite-7 , a c1 classic and a Devil custom. And just for comparison i do have 2 LTDS a AX-2E and a V-200. My AX-2E is basically the same as my C1 classic.

Now for BC rich i agree with you but for Schecters i don't think youve ever played one besides guitar shops. As for Ibanez :D my bolt on is alright and my Neck through RG is on par with the LTD and Schecters I have.

So before you go and say something like that, actually think about it.

Nightside

I AM THE EMPEROR
Reaction score
Yeah my second guitar was an LTD M200 about 12 years ago. I used to try and tell people I had an ESP M2 because I was a noob wannabe. Since then Ive had a custom shop KH4, Standard Series M2UC, Standard Series Horizon NTII, Edwards EXP, and an Edwards Alexi Arrowhead model. LTDs are great guitars and you see a lot of artists use them like the boys from SYL. However, they are not at all close to any of the Japanese made guitars from ESP including the Edwards guitars. I wouldnt call an Edwards an ESP but they are at about the same quality level as a Standard Series ESP.

I dont get pissed off when people call their LTDs an ESP because I was the same way when I was a kid. I do get annoyed when someone is on ebay trying to pass off an LTD as an ESP trying to get one over on someone who might not know better.

Rev2010

Contributor
Reaction score
Now for BC rich i agree with you

Depends on what BC Rich's we're talking about as they make a lot of low end shitty "13 year old wanna be metal master" guitars. Their deluxe versions like this are incredible in my opinion:

images_list_8_299_29630_1.jpg

I have this one in this thread I made about it:

http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/st...e-ngd-bc-rich-walnut-burl-warlock-deluxe.html

and I'll tell you it is the most amazing playing guitar I've ever owned in 20 years of playing, something rare for a guitar that only cost $715. Not bullshitting either, it's top notch in quality and playability. Also, even though NATO body wood is known to be low end I'll say the tone is killer.

Rev.

sell2792

Reaction score
Both the ESP and LTD lines of guitars made by ESP are awesome... usually. Usually being directed mostly at the sub 1000 line series of LTDs on occasion. With the exception of a very few, almost every LTD I've played has been good.

doofman16arr

Doofman16arr
Reaction score
So before you go and say something like that, actually think about it.

I tend to troll around Guitar Center quite often, so I think I know something (maybe not extensively) about how various guitars feel, and Schecters are pretty much a joke.

Back to the ESP discussion, now that I think about it, the ESP EC-1000 felt kind of awkward, an the frets seemed sharp and the neck felt...rough... It could have been because it was a fresh off the line model, but still. It was not that enjoyable. Maybe its because Im not a Les Paul type of person ;D

I have a friend who can shred circles around myself and all my friends, and in his words, "The brand of guitar doesn't matter. It isn't some living being which you must coax into playing correctly, and having a more expensive guitar doesn't mean you'll have a better sounding guitar." He went on to talk about how in the 80's, he used to spray paint the headstocks of crappy knock off V's, and would tell people they were custom Jacksons or Carvins or whatever was popular back then, and because he could play so well, they believed him.

tl;dr I could give less than half a crap if I have an LTD or ESP guitar. As long as it makes loud noises and doesn't go out of tune at the drop of a button, I'm good.
:scream:

that smiley is awesome for the record.

Rev2010

Contributor
Reaction score
I tend to troll around Guitar Center quite often, so I think I know something (maybe not extensively) about how various guitars feel, and Schecters are pretty much a joke.

Yeah, because all the guitars on the walls of GC are setup properly :rolleyes: Great judgment call there :noway:

Rev.

ImpendingDoom

Reaction score
Saw this thread and HAD to post. An LTD is NOT an ESP. I'm sure in 4 pages someone as expressed this sentiment. If you believe it is, you're only kidding yourself. LTD is a budget brand. Manufacturers make these budget brands to spark interest in the minds of those of us with a budget. They do this with hopes of when we do come across or save enough money, that we show a bit of "brand loyalty" and step up the ladder so to speak. LTD's are not bad guitars. I have an H-307, I love it. Would I take a STEF-7 over it...DUH! No contest. With budget guitars, you sacrifice things, quality of wood, quality of electronics, consitency in products. When I say consistency I mean that one LTD can be GOLDEN, but the one that was on the line right after it could be the worst guitar ever made. I'm a huge advocate of budget guitars and buying used, but if someone labeled their LTD an ESP and I bought it, I would kill someone. If someone REBRANDED their LTD to ESP, I can't even think of what I'd do. Probably something along the lines of Gerard Butler circa Law Abiding Citizen.

ImpendingDoom

Reaction score
Sorry for the double post, consider this a PS.

If your justification for calling an LTD an ESP is "they're made by the same company, they're basically the same guitar," then what's your problem with calling it an LTD? Why not buy an ESP adn call it an LTD?

doofman16arr

Doofman16arr
Reaction score
Yeah, because all the guitars on the walls of GC are setup properly :rolleyes: Great judgment call there :noway:

Rev.

I'm pretty sure my guitars aren't quite set up properly, and they still feel better than the ones I have used at Guitar Center. In any case, it could be a bias on my part, because I am used to playing my own guitars, so other guitars feel foreign to me. The same could be said about anybody using a Schecter, who feels that LTD (or ESP...or Ibanez...or any other brand for that matter) are inferior.:fawk:

I would like to get my hands on a seven string ESP and try it out though. They look like a solid guitar.

Rev2010

Contributor
Reaction score
Just saying that claiming an entire brand "is a joke" is a joke unto itself. Schecters are used by many pros and even many here on this forum. Also, they are made by the same factory that makes LTD's. If you'd said, "Personally I hate every Schecter I've tried" it would've been much more reasonable.

Rev.

Status
Not open for further replies.
')