Ltd-f-400 vs. schecter c7 blackjack ATX?

• Thread starter defchime
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

defchime

Reaction score
hey im stuck choosing between these two guitars

ltd f-400

http://www.musicpromusic.com/boutiq.../product/843cf0027630958b6473cc2a15b55c43.jpg

schecter c-7 blackjack atx

http://img3.musiciansfriend.com/dbase/pics/products/1/8/3/541183.jpg

i know that the schecter is a 7 and the Ltd is a 6 but its not about that...i just want to know which one is better made, if i get the ltd it will be because i rely on the kickass look of the guitar to make me appear to be a better guitar player or it compements my awesomeness, but if i get the schecter it will be because i dont want to down tune a 6 string...if only they made a f-407 with 7 strings id definitly get that

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Groff

Medicine Chief/RHLC©
Contributor
Reaction score
You can't go wrong with either really, they're both made really well. I like schecter finishes over ltd's though.

I say get the ATX, and raise some havoc with the blackouts! :metal:

Ishan

Giant Fridge Magnet
Contributor
Reaction score
ESP_F-STD_S7_BKS.jpg

F7, but not cheap :D
Go with the ATX.

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
they'll play about the same, the LTD's neck will be a lot thinner and look nicer, but aside from that they're equal quality.

Groff

Medicine Chief/RHLC©
Contributor
Reaction score
they'll play about the same, the LTD's neck will be a lot thinner and look nicer, but aside from that they're equal quality.

A lot thinner? Nope. Both my schecters are the same width as my friends LTD. Even went as far as to measure them. (Unless you're talking about a 6 string neck vs a 7 string neck, of course)

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
A lot thinner? Nope. Both my schecters are the same width as my friends LTD. Even went as far as to measure them. (Unless you're talking about a 6 string neck vs a 7 string neck, of course)
I was talking about the 6 vs the 7 but hellraiser and tempest necks are thicker than LTD ones as well as M series ones being inbetween ibanez and esp's regular profile

Groff

Medicine Chief/RHLC©
Contributor
Reaction score
I was talking about the 6 vs the 7 but hellraiser and tempest necks are thicker than LTD ones as well as M series ones being inbetween ibanez and esp's regular profile

The 6's vary a lot, yes, but the 7's are the same. My EC-100 has a big rounded neck. As does the KH models. The F-400 and hellraiser 6's have some awesome necks.

defchime

Reaction score
man that f-7 is siiiiick but i found the prices r like 2500 so skrew that...im gettin the schecter...i really love that f shape tho...wen im famous im gettin that guitar

greyanaroth

Wankmaster W-9
Reaction score
Blackjack ATX \m/

You really can't beat that quality and those blackouts at that price!

Also, I personally feel the shape of that Ltd is a little wonky!!!! It looks great on a bass, but on a guitar... nah! IMHO

')