LTD HEX-7 video review

• Thread starter JMP2203
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Asgard222

Reaction score
Finally:hbang:!!

I love Musik Schmidt, they have great demos.

The tone wasn't as great as I thought it would be (might be the amp/player), but that guitar is HAWT!

Thank u so much for posting this vid:yesway:!

Rick

ALL HAIL DJOD
Forum MVP
Reaction score
What the hell did he say? :lol:

Man, that tone sucked, was he running a Metal Zone through a Crate 1x8?

Rick

ALL HAIL DJOD
Forum MVP
Reaction score
It is, I think. Just pointing out the fact that I don't know German or whatever the hell language that was if it isn't. :lol:

Marv Attaxx

Reaction score
It's german. He says loosely translated (I'm a lil' bit drunk and tired and his german fucking sucks :lol:):

"Hi, this is Tobi from Musik Schmid at *address* and today I got something really mean for you, the esp ltd hex 7. The new signature model belonging to behemoth guitarist nergal. This is basically an extremely modified 7 string SV with ...yeah, 7 string, the emg 81-7 in the bridge and the 707 in the neck position. One volume knob and a 3-way switch, fixed gotoh bridge, stringthru design for massive sustain. It’s neckthru with 22 extra jumbo frets and the cool thing is that the width of the neck is only about 48 mm despite having 7 strings. That means switching from 6 to 7 strings is extremely easy. The U-shaped neck helps, too. As an ex-6 string player it’s easy to play this thing ‘cause you haven’t got a bigass club in the hands. The sperzel locking tuners provide a great tuning stability. 3 tuners upside and 4 below and the typical esp headstock which is used mostly on the models of the “darker side”.
Visually there’s this cool mate finish and a stylized eagle and to complement, the eagle as only aid to orientation at the 12th fret. There are dots at the side of the fretboard so you don’t get lost. You probably won’t play folksy music on this guitar so the sound samples are a little bit limited. You’ve heard a nice distortion in the first sample at the deep register and you can hear that the bridge pickup brought out those…3 note thingy very clear. I’m gonna show it to you again and some single notes. And you metalheads should try out the rest here at the shop. "

EDIT: Yeah, the tone sucks :lol:

cyril v

Contributor
Reaction score
not very flattering for the guitar to have a player that bad demoing it. kinda hard to blame the tone on the amp, that guy could probably make a single note sound terrible.

pink freud

Reaction score
Meh, a guitar demo vid to me is only a step above pictures. It isn't like amp demos. I won't judge it until I have it in my hands.

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
lol that was kinda lame but the guitar looks ace

and yeah the tone was hilariously bad :lol:

Pingu

NOOT NOOT
Reaction score
I'm a fan of the way the guitar looks. Only thing I don't like is that inlay. But it's a sig model what can you do.

They probably made the video thinking this: "Oh man the boss told us to make a video for this a few hours ago and now we only have 10 minutes. Shit shit. Quick! Grab me that Line 6 Spider I, plug it in and hit whatever freaking metal default setting they have while I put a stool in front of all these real amps so the boss things I actually tried to EQ one of them. Record! Record! Record!"

TMM

UUDDLRLRBAStart
Reaction score
I've heard the 5153 sound like ass, so the bad tone doesn't surprise me. I'm 100% certain that guitar can sound a lot better than it did in that vid.

')