LTD MH400 - opinions?

meisterjager

Now available in HD
Reaction score
I need a backup 6 string guitar after selling all but one of mine last week! I've found a real nice deal on an mh400 with a case, and I've really wanted one of these guitars for a long time, but I'm kinda concerned about it's condition, mainly what looks like a LOT of surface scratches. now for the kinda deal i'm getting on this i'm not too concerned, to be honest, but I also don't want a guitar that looks like ass.

I've posted up a few pictures. wondering if any of you guys think these scratches can be polished out? the seller seems like a cool guy, and says the scratches are not as bad in person, and I can imagine that's the case. the headstock looks the worst to me (not to mention the half-backward string job :fawk:)

IMG_2005.jpg

IMG_2003.jpg

IMG_2007.jpg

IMG_2002.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Pingu

NOOT NOOT
Reaction score
I saw one of these go on eBay for ~$350 a while ago and regret not buying it.

Cheesebuiscut

Loves his Q-tuners
Reaction score
A string snapped off of my ltd while tuning it (Its the guitar I put in all sorts of random tunings and the strings are getting old so it went poops) and I ended up putting the new string on backwards like he did xD

I just said fuck it though and left it like that.

There doesn't appear to be any scratches just regular swirling if anything. My esp looked exactly the same right out the store I think its just the finish they use.

+ if its a good deal and its a backup guitar... it really shouldn't matter if the backup guitar is flawless because its a *backup* guitar.

Scar Symmetry

Ex Whiny Bitch
Reaction score
+ if its a good deal and its a backup guitar... it really shouldn't matter if the backup guitar is flawless because its a *backup* guitar.

that's a good point :yesway:

for the price he's asking dude, you really can't go wrong, those things used to go for £700 new and are now discontinued.

so get on it!

wade_mcbeath

Reaction score
I own this exact guitar and I would recommend it, it's my main atm, i scored it second hand earlier on this year and its fucking ace. Just an nice guitar overall, plus i don't know how much they go for over there, but i got mine for $600 au and for an emg set over here (81,85 set) its $500 or more dollars. :wallbash: so weigh it up that way, plus as the other users have said who cares if its got scratchs its only a backup.

meisterjager

Now available in HD
Reaction score
seems bizarre to me to buy a guitar with the hopes of not having to play it. backup or not, i'd still like a nice, functioning guitars.

i'm trying to score another 7 right now, i will hopefully be able to swing both, fingers crossed

rhysmus

Captain Awesome
Reaction score
i personally had a lmh-400nt so the 400 series are amazing, now im not to sure with the trem in it but. Still the nt is awesome.

Murmel

Reaction score
I got mine for $250 mint. I love stupid rich scene kids.
To bad no one is that stupid over here, it really makes me angry :scream:

Except for this one guy I heard of that sold som "old peice of crap bass" as he described it. He had inherited from his father when he past away so he sold it for 500Skr (50-70$)

It was an old rickenbacker :lol:

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
holy thread bump batman :eek:

')