Ltd sct 607b owners .. i need some help with truss rod rattle sound after setup ?

• Thread starter beware6505
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

beware6505

Reaction score
hello

i purchased a ltd sct 607b ... this is my second one because i had the same issue with the first one which is why i replaced it

im having what it seems like a rattle sound of the truss rod near the nut only when i pluck the low b string without the guitar plugged in and this after i did a set up with a heavier gauge string .

my string gauges are 80-62-46-36-26-17-12 tuned to drop e

i adjusted the trust rod when i did my setup and it didnt feel loose before i turned it

i also own a ltd 607b setup with the same gauge and i dont have this problem at all .

i thought i just had a bad egg when i got the first one but the second one with the same issues makes me think maybe first production of these bad boys went to fast or something ..

any advice or help will be greatly appreciated

im calling esp monday to get help as well

thanks

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
With truss rod rattle, usually you just need to tighten the rod a teeeeeeny tiny bit until it's just shifted enough or tightened up enough to not rattle. So try that.

beware6505

Reaction score
With truss rod rattle, usually you just need to tighten the rod a teeeeeeny tiny bit until it's just shifted enough or tightened up enough to not rattle. So try that.

i tried a half a turn and it was still making the noise . i dont want to go to far and break it

thanks for the help!

Danukenator

Kane's Bane
Reaction score
Double check to make sure you're turning it in the correct direction. It's an easy mistake. On some guitars, the trussrod isn't "actively" doing anything but the guitar still works fine. In that case, it make take a turn or so to get it into a position where it is immobilized.

beware6505

Reaction score
Double check to make sure you're turning it in the correct direction. It's an easy mistake. On some guitars, the trussrod isn't "actively" doing anything but the guitar still works fine. In that case, it make take a turn or so to get it into a position where it is immobilized.

thanks for the advice . yeah I did adjust it the right way . I might try another half a turn if that does not work . I'm going to call ESP

beware6505

Reaction score
update .. i was messing with the guitar some more and i can hear that vibration/rattle noise also at the bottom of the body of the guitar .. its only when i hit the low b string . .

any other thoughts or ideas what that could be?

thanks

Tom 1.0

Djizz.
Reaction score
If you can't hear it when amplified and it doesn't effect how is it plays, what's the issue?

beware6505

Reaction score
If you can't hear it when amplified and it doesn't effect how is it plays, what's the issue?

its a brand new guitar and i spent a pretty penny on it and i want to make sure nothing is seriously wrong with it ..

')