Lundgren Black Heaven

• Thread starter sonoftheoldnorth
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

sonoftheoldnorth

Reaction score
Hi all, long time lurker, first time poster. Apologies if there is already a thread, but I couldn't find it.

The Lundgren M series is often talked about and I'm very familiar with the pickup, but nobody seems to have mentioned the new Black Heaven pickups. Lundgren claims they are more organic than the M series and have a wider frequency response, which sounds great. Does anyone have any experience of the pickup? Particularly in a 7 format.

Cheers.

mnemonic

Custom User Title
Reaction score
I’m also interested in this one, I’d love to hear someone compare them to the M series, the M7 is my favourite seven string pickup

KnightBrolaire

mothman is real and stole my catalytic converter
Reaction score
talk to zimbloth (aka nick from axe palace).
he's the only person that i know has tried em

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

FitRocker33

My tone is tighter than my hamstrings
Reaction score
I’m also curious about this one. The YT videos I was able to find were either scarce or sounded badly done.

Emperoff

Not using 5150s
Contributor
Reaction score
talk to zimbloth (aka nick from axe palace).
he's the only person that i know has tried em

I contacted him to get a set before getting swamped with a lot of unexpected expenses... Here's what he said (about the alnico version):

I really love the alnico Black Heavens. These SMOKE the Sentient/Pegasus. Those, like most Duncans, are very bland and murky. I like the JB/Jazz a lot better even. The Black Heavens are much more articulate and responsive, yet still rich and powerful.
The Black Heavens would be like if you mixed the clarity of the Aftermath, but without the harsh highs and compressed feel, and infused some of the warmth of a good alnico pickup like the BKP Nailbomb/Holydiver. But again its really its own thing. Worth a try for sure!

Now, Lundgren master race, you peasants!

Zender

Tinkering, please hold.
Reaction score
Id love to compare these to a set of black winters and some bkp juggernauts.
(Still on the fence about getting one of those two sets for my sevenstring... and now this comes along, damnit.)

mnemonic

Custom User Title
Reaction score
Anyone had a chance to try these yet?

Still interested to hear how they sound, and how they compare to the M7.

Bearitone

Reaction score
Wait, there’s a ceramic version of the black heaven?

Edit: wow they com standard ceramic. Now i have to check them out.

Dumple Stilzkin

Pointy star bastard.
Reaction score
I contacted him to get a set before getting swamped with a lot of unexpected expenses... Here's what he said (about the alnico version):

I really love the alnico Black Heavens. These SMOKE the Sentient/Pegasus. Those, like most Duncans, are very bland and murky. I like the JB/Jazz a lot better even. The Black Heavens are much more articulate and responsive, yet still rich and powerful.
The Black Heavens would be like if you mixed the clarity of the Aftermath, but without the harsh highs and compressed feel, and infused some of the warmth of a good alnico pickup like the BKP Nailbomb/Holydiver. But again its really its own thing. Worth a try for sure!

Now, Lundgren master race, you peasants!
That sounds like it would be amazing! Certainly Curtisc about these now.

KnightBrolaire

mothman is real and stole my catalytic converter
Reaction score
fuck it, I've been the guinea pig for other pickups, guess I'll be the first person besides zimbloth on sso to try the black heavens.

Dumple Stilzkin

Pointy star bastard.
Reaction score
There's a decent discount on axepalace for black Friday (Thx18) for these. I would've bought one if they were offered in white.

Mwoit

Reaction score
I have a bridge pick up version coming in my guitar. I just don't know when my guitar is coming so... fingers crossed that they are decent.

mnemonic

Custom User Title
Reaction score
I’m really close to ordering a seven string bridge model in ceramic. I need something new for my Mayones anyway. I really dig the M7 but it could be cool to try something with the same DNA but a different flavour.

Fuck it, I’ll probably buy one tomorrow.

I wonder if Johan makes these to order, or if he keeps stock.

mnemonic

Custom User Title
Reaction score
Ordered one just now.

at the checkout for his online shop there is a ‘refer a friend’ link to get 10% off, for in case any of you guys in Europe are on the fence about something Lundgren.

https://tic.tl/CPYYt

Mwoit

Reaction score
Ordered one just now.

at the checkout for his online shop there is a ‘refer a friend’ link to get 10% off, for in case any of you guys in Europe are on the fence about something Lundgren.

https://tic.tl/CPYYt

Let us know what you think. Have you got an M7 in a guitar you own or is it something you have tried?

mnemonic

Custom User Title
Reaction score
Let us know what you think. Have you got an M7 in a guitar you own or is it something you have tried?

I have an M7 in a schecter avenger 7, though this pickup will be for a different guitar.

Debating whether or not I want to try directly comparing them in the same guitar, I’m not sure I have the motivation to be swapping pickups around, we’ll have to see how I feel when it shows up

Latest posts