Lundgren replacing p90s, different Bareknuckle pickups

• Thread starter NovaReaper
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

NovaReaper

Banned
Reaction score
Hey all, I've recently joined a band that requires me to use my yellow Gibson les paul double cutaway (discontinued), as it's the only guitar of mine in drop C as of now. The problem is, the P90s in the guitar are way too noisy for any sort of high gain playing. The optimal solution for me right now would be for me to swap out atleast the bridge P90 for the Lundgren m6 in my Hellraiser C1 FR (also discontinued I think, and modified. Took the EMGs out, made the guitar passive). Would I need to sand or ravage the Gibson's pickup area in order to make it fit?

This leads me to my next question. As the Lundgren's being taken out, I figured it'd be a great time to check out some Bareknuckles. I have no idea about any of them though. Currently the guitar is in drop Bb, and I'd like something that can handle djenty parts and the ridiculously growly open drones, enough midrange for heavily distorted altered and jazz chord voicings, not too nasally for leads, and can do "normal" chunky death metal tones as well. Any suggestions, or even a brief summary of each pickup? Thanks in advance!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Duncan, Dimazrio, and Fralin all make hum-cancelling P-90s. Dimarzio even makes P-90 sized versions of some of their high output humbuckers.

NovaReaper

Banned
Reaction score
May be true, but I was using it as an excuse to finally try out Bareknuckle. Thanks for ruining it :fawk:

In all seriousness though, I might just try that if it's cheap enough. Thanks.

abstract

Reaction score
I don't know about putting the M6 in your double-cut, but Aftermaths are exactly what you're looking for in your BKP dedicated paragraph. For versatility's sake, I'd take a serious look at getting a humbucker guitar without a trem. An LTD 400 series or some sort of Schecter would do the trick, and you could get BKPs later on at some point.

')