M-Track

• Thread starter Eryalus
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Eryalus

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Does anyone here have any experience with M-Audio's M-Track interface? I'm looking at setting up a fairly basic studio in my room, and was thinking of grabbing this, although I can't find anything on the forums or online regarding how well it performs (I think it's fairly new?)

Additionally, I'm thinking of grabbing Cubase Elements to record with and all that Jazz.

Currently I'm planning on running from my Tonelab LE, to M-Track, and using the pedal/cubase to dial in my sound. Any feedback/suggestions? I don't really know anything about recording, but am looking to learn!

Thanks ahead of time :shred:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Given To Fly

Reaction score
I don't really know anything about recording, but am looking to learn!

"Speed costs money. How fast do you want to go?" Apply that quote to recording, it works the same way.

I don't know anything about the M-Track but I do know that there are numerous software/interface bundles available that give you pretty much everything you need to get started. Are you starting from scratch or do you already have some recording gear?

The M-Track may be fine but I can see someone growing out of that interface really fast.:2c:

Good job on wanting to learn about recording though! Its frustrating and fun almost simultaneously! :spock:

Eryalus

Reaction score
haha, I figure if it's anything like the time I tried making dubstep in FL at my friends house, you're dead on!

I can't go too nuts right off the bat due to budget and space issues sadly, but I've been digging and will probably grab Reaper instead of Cubase, and use the savings to upgrade to the M-Track Plus, which will hopefully take a little longer to outgrow.

Edit: And yeah, I'm basically starting from scratch

')