Mac mini guitar center bundle????

• Thread starter goatLuke
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

goatLuke

ss.org Noob
Reaction score
So I have a bit of a decision to make. I have never recored before. I had put a line 6 ux1 on my wish list for x-mas from my wife. I was basically hoping at writing some basic riffs, trying my hand at laying down some synth drum tracks with a drum program, and then practicing up on writing some melody type solos on top of the rhythm tracks. But I have no idea how ill take to the recording and such.

well my wife spilled the beans this evening that she sprung for the mac mini recording studio bundle now on special at guitar center which is killer.
my question is?? is this way to much for me based on my experience?? I want it to be pretty user friendly and I am a little scared of the money spent with no experience at all. i.e. I dont want to record a few tracks get frustrated and there it sits collecting dust. On the other hand if I really took to it I would hope I could record some of my bands guitar and bass tracks to save us a lil $$$$ in the studio.

just a lil food for thought as well my desktop is running on vista and I have heard that you really cant record with it?? So would I need a new pc anyway? if thats the case the decision is made!!!!!

Anyhow a lil help would be appreciated!!!!!!! :wallbash:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

AK DRAGON

Guitar Popcicle
Reaction score
Garageband (included in the mac mini) is one, if not the easiest recording program to use. Doing a little research, the M-Audio will work well with it and you won't be stuck having to use the complex Avid Recording Studio. Should be just plug and play with your guitar after hitting record. I've just started learning Garageband on my iPad and I found it's a very simple to use interface.

You can record with your Vista machine, though most of the recording software is complex to use. I personally have found that most of them go over my head. Even being a computer geek. Others may have had better experiences than I have.

Youtube Garageband, and you will see how easy it is to use

goatLuke

ss.org Noob
Reaction score
thank you Ak I am still not sure wether to keep the bundle or opt for the cheaper route to see if I get into recording or not. I guess im the only one that can make that decision.:ugh:

Razzy

[10]
Reaction score
Keep the Mac bundle, recording is a wonderful past time if nothing else. Also, for what it's worth, I found Garage band TOO simple and limited, and use Reaper with my Mac like I used to do with my PC, and I've had nothing but great results with it.

Kamin

Reaction score
Keep the Mac bundle, recording is a wonderful past time if nothing else. Also, for what it's worth, I found Garage band TOO simple and limited, and use Reaper with my Mac like I used to do with my PC, and I've had nothing but great results with it.

Yeah I would definitely keep it! It's a nice and portable setup I presume compared to a full on desktop. If Garageband isn't cutting it go with Reaper.

Latest posts

')