Machine Head

• Thread starter omentremor
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Lozek

Desk Magnetic
Contributor
Reaction score
That was before Through The Ashes of Empires was released. They parted ways. Than Machine Head were more or less forced into writing a radio single to try and get label interest. Eventually they decided fuck it. If we arent gonna be able to continue writing music we are gonna go out on the heaviest note we possibly can. Phil joined full time. And Roadrunner international came back to em. The you read was saying that whoever posted it was freaking out about their future without a label. And they all lived happily ever after.

Well, WE all lived happily ever after, Machine Head carried on being amazing but broke on Roadrunner :lol:

Regor

Double Edge FTW
Contributor
Reaction score
One of, if not THE best show I've ever been to, was Machine Head @ Harpo's in Detroit (tiny little bar).

The tour was supposed to be with Arch Enemy, who had to bail out for whatever reason (cry)

Anyway, because they had extra time, Rob decided they were gonna get extra drunk and play for another hour or so...they whipped out some funny-ass covers and then finished the night with some more crushing Head.

They blew the roof off that place. Machine Head has something that a lot of bands today lack, and that's heart.

Was that the Road Rage tour? If so, I was there.

GH0STrider

Resident Gangsta
Reaction score
so they are still on roadrunner... they need a more suportive label. they are one of those bands that i though would have gone farther in terms of sales and what not than they have.

pyroglyphix

Mostly harmless.
Reaction score
so they are still on roadrunner... they need a more suportive label. they are one of those bands that i though would have gone farther in terms of sales and what not than they have.

Roadrunner only cares about your band if it happens to be named Nickelback.

Regor: I'm not sure what the tour was called...but the other band that played was God Forbid (who also rocked)

GH0STrider

Resident Gangsta
Reaction score
true story man. i guess making the same record 4 times over is appealing to some people. but i guess when your owned by a rap/hiphop label dollar signs is all they see.

Emperoff

Not using 5150s
Contributor
Reaction score
Hey guys, I bump the thread for posting a song from the new record in case you haven't heard it yet.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FM9NVN3B

It just blows my mind, they're heavier, faster, and crushing than ever! If all the songs of the new record are gonna be like this one, I'll cream my pants off

kung_fu

Vulcan Lute God
Reaction score
I really love their first two albums. I was a little let down by Through the ashes of Empires, mainly due to the fact that Imperium was such a good song so after hearing it the rest of the album has nowhere to go but down. I remember seeing the video for that song like a year before the album was released in north america:hbang:, some sort of roadrunner fuck up . I must have played it at least 5 times in a row when they posted that vid on their site.

GH0STrider

Resident Gangsta
Reaction score
that song was actually on their site in the video section. it was written in part for dimebag. great tune, i hope the rest of the record is this good.

Thep

Blast & Sweep
Reaction score
I saw them in Houston 2 years ago, they were absolutely great.

Gonna see them again w/ Lamb of Gob in 2 weeks! I'll take pics if I can and put them here!

angryman

Djentleman
Reaction score
Mynydd y Garreg, Carmarthenshire, South Wales.
The New Album is absolutely awesome it's only got 8 tracks but it's over an hour long & there's not a single bad song on it, it's got all the best bits of the previous albums But it sounds to me like Robb & Phil have looked back at Vio-Lence for their inspiration & Dave's drumming is just sick!
There's just a real old school Thrash vibe to it!

angryman

Djentleman
Reaction score
Mynydd y Garreg, Carmarthenshire, South Wales.
Angryman.. how did you get to hear it..? :)

My Girlfriend works for Road Runner UK & she just got a promotional copy of the Album, it's not got the full Artwork but still it's the full Album.

yeah im curious too... 8 tracks? thats it?

Yeah just 8 traks but it's over an hour long although it doesn't feel like you're listening for an hour.

Shorty

Guitar Buying Frenzy!
Contributor
Reaction score
Time to reboot this thread :)

The album is out. My copy arrives tomorrow with the limited edition DVD. It's out today in the states I hear ;)

My buddy Nick at work bought his yesterday and has been playing it in the office constantly. It is so goddamn good. I am glad I didn't download it and instead have waited till release time. Having already heard it, I already knew what to expect but still... tis a blindingly good album .. fuck yes!

Who here hasn't considered getting it yet...? Take a good listen to the tracks on their myspace.. the album is technically heads & shoulders above anything they have ever done. Some stunning parts.

I know I am probably a total machine head fanboy but having got bored of them with supercharger and only lukewarm to Through the ashes... I can really say that this the best they have been since Burn my eyes.. and the blackening is fucking awesome

canuck brian

Bowes Guitars
Contributor
Reaction score
I heard one track off this from their website today and bought the album without question. It's one of the heaviest and definitely one of the best albums I've heard in long time.

omentremor

this godles endeavor
Reaction score
im getting it when I can, for sure. They fuckin slay, my friend downloaded the promo copy and yeah, its unreal.

Shaman

Reaction score
It just got the Blackening today!

It has been years since a metal album had such an impact on me as the Blackening. This awesome :hbang:

It sure has that early 90's vibe to it, which is the stuff I grew up on. Grrrreat :shred:

the.godfather

Mr. Flibble
Reaction score
Yep, picked it up today too, awesome!

Very heavy indeed, and probably one of the better albums I have heard in a long time. The drum work is great, the guitar work is great. I think it has been mixed really well too, very nice sounding album.

huber

Contributor
Reaction score
Seriously this new one is very good. Few metal albums have grabbed me like this recently.

')