Made my own Fretwrap. (Tutorial)

• Thread starter thrashmetal85
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

vansinn

Reaction score
Sure, the buckle. And I forgot those can be had in soft plastic too; I've only used the denser harder ones..

thrashmetal85

Reaction score
I mean soft as in I'm fairly sure that even though the buckle is stiff nylon, the laquer on the neck is harder and is unlikely to be scratched.

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
Cut a rectangular shape piece of foam, get some double sided velcro. Place foam above strings, wrap velcro around foam and neck. As simple as that.
This is what I did for mine but it doesn't work too great, and isn't as pretty. I find that this one pulls more on the lowest and highest strings and almost capos them so you gotta watch out how tight you wrap it. Around the nut it works fine, though.

Great tutorial, though!

ixlramp

Reaction score
For my own DIY fretwrap (made with craft felt) i use a trick for even pressure on each string: progressively add more damping material towards the centre so the fretwrap has a curved top and arches over the strings, the pull of the strap on the raised centre of the arch maintains the down-pressure on the centre strings.

')