Madison Divinity 100w tube head

• Thread starter tongueofcolicab
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

tongueofcolicab

kali is the sweethog
Reaction score
i was researching some equipment to upgrade to, and came across this head. people on the internet have said how it's matches or even surpasses the mesa, and other amps too. anyone have any info on this amp? i'd love to learn more on it. =]

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Shannon

Lord Super Awesome
Contributor
Reaction score
Someone on here recently bought one, so they should be piping up soon.

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
The problem with statements like "matches or even surpasses the rectifiers" is that it really depends at WHAT you want it to match or surpass a Recto. Personally, I'll take my Nomad over any Recto I've ever played, but that's really a question of taste. As such, expect to get a LOT of varying opinions on this amp.

Really, what you need to do is sit down with one and let your earsa judge. :agreed:

tongueofcolicab

kali is the sweethog
Reaction score
the nearest one other than ebay is like 4 states away, in each direction. but yeah i get what your saying. i just gotta upgrade from my b-52 tube head. i like it, but i want a hell of a lot better amp. this madison divinity sounds really enticing.

Doctor J

I Don't Own An Ibanez 7!
Reaction score
Although the sound quality is fairly crap, check out Santiago Dobles of Aghora letting rip on his one here

LordOVchaoS

NUDE MAN!
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I would be that guy that just bought one. No Soul will beg to argue with me but it does sound very rectoish but much tighter. I'd take it over a recto any day. It is extremely versatile, has more gain that anybody could ever put to use, tight as a nuns ass, and brutal as all hell. Has tones from sparkly clean, to blues, to nu-metal, to 80's butt rock, to death metal and everything in between.

And it just looks cool as fuck!

tongueofcolicab

kali is the sweethog
Reaction score
hey lordovchaos. thanks man, that's awesome! on google i typed in madison divity head and it gave two different 100w tube heads...the red and black one, and the 'marshall' gold and black looking one. which one do you have? i'm pretty sure most people who have this amp have the gold and black one

LordOVchaoS

NUDE MAN!
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I have the gold and black one. I don't think there's any difference in the actual amp other than cosmetics between them, the black and red one is discontinued though I do see one pop up on ebay occasionally for about $700. I actually prefer the looks of it but mine looks evil as hell when it's lit up too!

If I were to buy another I would buy the $900 one on ebay. It's coming from a dealer brand new with warranty and you can't find one anywhere else for less than $1000 now. I got mine just before the recent price increase, I paid $649 but I would gladly pay the new price because it's still one hell of a bang for the buck!

7slinger

wake up dead
Contributor
Reaction score
the guy in the practice space next to mine has a black and red one, and I've sat in there before while their band is practicing...I would take my Recto any day over it, but this guy is playing some strat rip off with 3 singles :nono:

LordOVchaoS

NUDE MAN!
Forum MVP
Reaction score
7slinger said:
the guy in the practice space next to mine has a black and red one, and I've sat in there before while their band is practicing...I would take my Recto any day over it, but this guy is playing some strat rip off with 3 singles :nono:

Yea, I can't imagine that would sound all that good. I can't promise everybody would like it better than a recto, different strokes for different folks.

nec2

Reaction score
i was researching some equipment to upgrade to, and came across this head. people on the internet have said how it's matches or even surpasses the mesa, and other amps too. anyone have any info on this amp? i'd love to learn more on it. =]

Depending on the version of Divinity that you are looking at makes all the difference.
198009_10151120543831946_850851311_n.jpg

This is what you want to look for

glpg80

√εvil
Reaction score
Romeo used a Madison along with his Fireball 60 in earlier versions of Symphony X.

I have played one before - although it was many years ago. IMHO i would not take one over a vintage recto of early years or a dual recto-reborn but i would however search one out for comparable tones. It has a naturally scooped/hollowed type of tone but still cuts fine if you EQ it properly. I see nothing wrong with them as a platform as it all depends on personal taste.

Are they the end all be all? Not exactly. They do bring the brutal though.

romeo_guitars_new1.jpg

')