Madison Divinity Head

7 Strings of Hate

Mid-Level Asshole
Contributor
Reaction score
hey fellers, what do you guys think of this amp? i know santaigo uses one and his recordings and tone sound great, not very pricey for what you get, i'd like to hear your opinions.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Jerich

Contributor
Reaction score
i have one but do not really use it....I have it for the studio use. To be honest you have to overdrive it with a pedal "i use a DOD YJM 308" ...But i have changed the pre's and Power tubes and still it needs more gain for me. But i must admit Santiago gets an excellent tone from his it... truely it is in the fingers......:metal:
I am waiting to hear thier new amp the OMEN...santiago saids it it awesome....

LordOVchaoS

NUDE MAN!
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I had one for a while and it's first on my list of amps to get back one of these days! I used it with and without an OD and it was plenty gainy enough for death metal but, like all tube amps, it did sound better with an OD in front of it. GREAT sounding amps!

7 Strings of Hate

Mid-Level Asshole
Contributor
Reaction score
jerich, ever plan on selling/trading her :)
thanks for the input joe, with a powerball and a vader cab, your opinion means a hell of alot to me, you know your metal gear:rocker:

DSS3

Banned
Reaction score
After being told to 'fuck off' via e-mail after asking about some things a well-respected tech on HCF posted, I could never recommend anyone do any sort of business with them.

Unless, of course, you like duct tape in your amps, disconnected knobs on the front, and a poorly wired DSL clone.

DSS3

Banned
Reaction score
I could care less if they picked up the quality... I e-mailed them asking about the disconnected knob and asking if they fixed the wiring problem that caused the extra humming, and they gave a two word response:

"Fuck off."

Any business that is going to take that kind of attitude with prospective customers is not going to get one cent of my money.

7 Strings of Hate

Mid-Level Asshole
Contributor
Reaction score
thats crazy, the overall image i'm getting is that their amps seem for the most part to be good overall sounding heads, but if you have any issues, dealing with them sucks, harmony central seems to support that

LordOVchaoS

NUDE MAN!
Forum MVP
Reaction score
They're plenty reliable enough, they're all over the road right now and I've never heard about a problem. The email that DSS3 is talking about... I read the email, Andy Hitch (the owner of the company) forwarded it to me and let's just say he was nicer than I would've been. It wasn't a mature email in the least, it was bashing the guy, his family, and his company. When all that shit was going on Andy's email inbox got completely filled to the max every day for a couple of weeks with nothing but people talking shit. I would've said much worse things than "fuck off". One amp that was opened up had duct tape in it and nobody can say whether or not it came from Madison or if somebody had been in there before. All it was doing was holding some wires together in lieu of a zip tie. My Divinity had a zip tie there as did several others who opened their amps when all this was going on. It's nothing but Harmony Central bullshit. JerryP from FJA mods knows what he's doing and he never said anything worse than it's cheap built and is basically a modified TSL copy. The amp has been 100% revamped since then too, it's now 2 channels rather than 3. The amp Jerry had was also one of the 40 Chinese built prototypes. They sold for about $600 new and after those 40 the price went up to $899 and they are built in Colorado. The only 100% American made amp in the world are some of the older Makos. The divinity, like all amps, does have quite a few foreign parts in them. Who gives a shit? People blew all of this out of proportion and said that all Madison amps are made in China and the company is lying about it. Bullshit. They also took everything Jerry said about them and blew it way out of proportion going as far as saying they're a fire hazard, etc... when there is still not a single report of one of the amps failing. They are cheaper made than some but they're also less than $1000 and better built inside than quite a few amps that are more expensive. I don't know why Jeff (DSS3) decided to follow the herd, he's a well educated guy that doesn't even post on HC but we have to argue about this every time the subject comes up. He's misinformed and is just following the shitslingers. Sorry Jeff, you're cool but you don't know what you're talking about.

thats crazy, the overall image i'm getting is that their amps seem for the most part to be good overall sounding heads, but if you have any issues, dealing with them sucks, harmony central seems to support that

I've dealt with them plenty and so have several guys I know, no problems at all. Somebody has beef with them because after he installed some tubes in it the amp started fucking up. They told him to send it in and if it were a problem with the amp they'd fix it and reimburse his shipping costs. It ended up being one of the tubes that he installed and nothing was wrong with the amp. This pissed him off because it cost him money to ship it from Canada and he didn't get any of it back. I can understand his frustration but it's not Madison's fault. They're very helpful via email and always willing to help you out if you have a rpoblem.

LordOVchaoS

NUDE MAN!
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I could care less if they picked up the quality... I e-mailed them asking about the disconnected knob and asking if they fixed the wiring problem that caused the extra humming, and they gave a two word response:

"Fuck off."

Any business that is going to take that kind of attitude with prospective customers is not going to get one cent of my money.

You weren't a prospective customer, you said from day 1 you'd never own one. You were emailing to talk shit and you said a lot more than that. I wish I still had the email. Don't act like you were thinking about buying one, you weren't.

To answer, they liked the tone of the amp better without a contour knob and since the amp was changing design soon anyway they used up all the faceplates they still had and thought a dead knob would be better than a hole in the front of the amp. They're not rich people and I back them on this move 100% because buying hundreds of new faceplates just to use up all the 3 channel circuit boards they still had is just not a profitable business move when they still had all these faceplates.

There never was a hum problem, mine was silent as were all the ones Rock Solid amps had in stock as were all the ones owned by other forum members. Nobody complained about the hum except the guy that sent Jerry his amp.

7 Strings of Hate

Mid-Level Asshole
Contributor
Reaction score
ok, that makes tons more sense, i was wondering what the deal was, i figured a company couldnt really still be running with customer service so bad that they just tell you to fuck off, i think i'm gonna be trying to secure one of these badboys in the near future, but thats kind of a load off my mind, i have been looking and listening to these heads through youtube and reviews and what not and they seem to be a killer sounding head, espically being american made(or at least assymbled, i doubt most companies that claim american made still uses atleast some foregin components) for that price point

LordOVchaoS

NUDE MAN!
Forum MVP
Reaction score

DSS3

Banned
Reaction score
You weren't a prospective customer, you said from day 1 you'd never own one. You were emailing to talk shit and you said a lot more than that. I wish I still had the email. Don't act like you were thinking about buying one, you weren't.

I e-mailed them a looong time before I ever posted about them on here - don't even try to make me the antogonist here.

Even if I never planned on buying one, even worse to tell me to fuck off! Now, instead of just telling people I think they sound like ass, I can tell them how unprofessional the company is.

7 Strings of Hate

Mid-Level Asshole
Contributor
Reaction score
well, i think its totally fair if in your opinoin that their customer service sucks, but its pretty apperent that you can get some pretty wicked tone from them, so i wouldnt say they sound like ass

metalfiend666

-
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Jeff, we've had issues before. Frankly I was under the impression that you'd made a decision that you weren't coming back. Don't turn this place into Harmony Central, or you won't be round for long this time, or ever again.

It's well documented that Madison had problems with the prototypes and the amps you buy now are completely different to those prototypes. The disconnected control thing, I would've personally filled the hole with a blanking plug instead, but hey ho they chose not to. As for telling you to fuck off, I seriously doubt any person who really wanted to start a business that got anywhere would really have told you that unless you filled your e-mail with shit slinging. People really don't tell prospective customers to "fuck off" if they're asking a serious question.

vco

Future Dictator
Reaction score
I own the older version with three channels. It was made specially for an artist that madison endorses. It has also been modded by Voodoo amps before they stopped modding it. It is an awesome metal sound. It reminds me of a rectifier but awesome I can't really describe it other than really chunky tight bottom end with the proper amount of high end and distortion. Since the mods its not very flexible its metal or nothing.

I still like my modded laney vh100 better so if anyone is interested i'm looking to get rid of it.

')