Magic the Gathering!

Slayer89

The Demon Barber
Reaction score
Yeah, I've definitely had fun with infect in draft and and packwars. Not amazing in constructed, but definitely doable. I actually drafted a pretty sweet black/green infect deck when drafting with my fiancee, my buddy, and his gf. I managed to win the draft with it, but my fiancee was the real winner, though; she pulled a foil Venser from one of her packs.

I finally finished getting my Valakut Ramp deck together. I had to trade QUITE a bit for a playset of Primeval Titan, but I'd say it was worth it. I love how the deck can just come out of no where and just win games.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Daemoniac

Rivethead Magnate.
Contributor
Reaction score
^ Damn! Foil Venser :eek:

I really want to buy a fat pack at least for this set (not 100% sure i want more than that as I already have all the artifact uncommons, all the commons and an extra set of artifact commons), but there are some very nice rares I could use, and no doubt some awesome black/green/white cards to boot.

Need more lands though :wallbash:

Slayer89

The Demon Barber
Reaction score
Yeah, we were giving her crap about it all day, haha.

I still want to buy some more packs, too. I'm trying to sell a guitar to pay some bills and had hoped to go half and half with my fiancee on a box with the extra, but the guitar hasn't moved yet.

Daemoniac

Rivethead Magnate.
Contributor
Reaction score
:agreed: Ash wants to buy a booster box of some kind, but the only thing that I really think would be worth buying would be a ROTE one, as it's the only block we've not got much of at all.

I'm big into singles though. Speaking of which, where's a decent (and cheap) site to buy singles from? I've used Magic The Gathering, magic cards, singles, card lists, deck ideas. before, but I've also been told it's rather expensive :shrug:

Slayer89

The Demon Barber
Reaction score
Well, I only buy from actual sites when I have store credit (from trading stuff in). When I do it's either from ChannelFireball.com or CoolStuffInc.com. Most of the time when I buy singles I just go to eBay since that is without a doubt the cheapest place to pick up cards.

Daemoniac

Rivethead Magnate.
Contributor
Reaction score
eBay is proving weird, I have to say.. Some stuff is way cheaper, some is way more expensive than that other site, and if I get it all from different sellers then I have to pay shipping multiple times is all.

Slayer89

The Demon Barber
Reaction score
Well, if you're looking to buy expensive cards then eBay is the best route. If you're buying cheaper cards then any site should do. Prices might vary, but most of the time between the different cards you order they'll probably balance out.

Daemoniac

Rivethead Magnate.
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm seeing that. I only found one site that was generally cheaper than the one I'm using, but they didn't have near the range that my usual one does. We'll see when I have money :lol:

Slayer89

The Demon Barber
Reaction score
What cards are you looking in to? I might be able to hook you up with some cheap prices if I have the stuff (my fiancee and I both have pretty thick rare binders).

Daemoniac

Rivethead Magnate.
Contributor
Reaction score
If you have stuff going way back to the Mirrodin Block, I might PM you :lol: I have a list of stuff from around Mirrodin to present :yesway:

Slayer89

The Demon Barber
Reaction score
So, I think I got a couple pretty sweet trades yesterday.

First off I traded my Eldrazi Conscription for another guy's Mimic Vat. Not a big deal, but I got twice the Conscription's value and the Mimic Vat looks like it has potential to go up.

Now here's the crazy one. A guy I just met looks through my binder and sees 2 of my Birds of Paradise and my foil Jace Beleren. I look through his and see a number of things I like. I point out that my main points of interest are a Wurmcoil Engine and Molten-Tail Masticore and ask him if we can work something out expecting him to take another look through my binder. This guy has been talking prices and obviously knows his values. He sits there and thinks a second and says, "Okay, the Wurm and Masticore for the 2 birds and Jace?" I ask him numerous times to confirm and then agree. Gotta love trading some unused cards for double their value. He then noticed some foil basics I had and asked if I'd trade them, so I just gave them to him since he already gave me such a good deal, haha.

Daemoniac

Rivethead Magnate.
Contributor
Reaction score
Damn, lucky trade. I really want to add a Wurmcoil Engine to my deck... Obviously talking a vintage/fluff deck when I say this, but that, Memnarch, Karn Silver Golem and SUndering Titan are probably my top 4 cards to add (hopefully soonish... :wallbash:). I've got my Filigree Angel which gives me back a shitton of life as I'm running basically a pure artifact deck (bar a couple of instants and a single enchantment), I've got a ton of counter target spell instants, and some nifty equipment that can bump up some of the lesser creatures. If I can add those, I'll have more big creatures, some solid attackers/defenders (Karn and Sundering Titan), I'll be able to get more creatures with Karns ability (which turns artifacts into creatures), and I'll be able to take control of my opponents stuff to boot (courtesy of Memnarch :metal:).

The Wurmcoil Engine is in there for the awesome picture, EDIT: Lifelink (not trample :lol:) and deathtouch.

Wouldn't mind getting a Myr Battlesphere as well, seeing as how I took out about 1/3 of all my lands to replace with various mana producing Myrs :metal:

Last edited:

Daemoniac

Rivethead Magnate.
Contributor
Reaction score
Fuck, whoops :wallbash: I knew something seemed wrong about that when I was typing it :lol:

Well, it can have flying and trample too courtesy of Golem Artisan :lol:

I originally wanted to put a Leveler and Eater of Days in the deck too, but I can't seem to justify losing two turns running and exiling the remainder of my library for a 10/10 creature and a 9/8 creature with flying and trample...

Psychobuddy

edxgxsrfrz
Reaction score
Wouldn't mind getting a Myr Battlesphere as well, seeing as how I took out about 1/3 of all my lands to replace with various mana producing Myrs :metal:

Myr Battlesphere is pure win for me. I have on more than one occasion taken people from 20 to 0 in one turn with that badboy. Granted I have four in one deck...

Galvanizer Myr is great when used in conjunction with Myr Battlesphere, that way you can tap all your myr to do one big hit then tap Galvanizer to untap all the ones you just used. :D

Daemoniac

Rivethead Magnate.
Contributor
Reaction score
I have a question; when something says "untap target artifact" can you untap an artifact creature? I've always assumed that you can, I mean they're still artifacts, right?

Assuming I am correct, then I also have a "voltaic key" in my deck which lets me untap target artifact for (1) :metal:
EDIT: The point of which is that I can do what you're saying (I have a Myr Galvanizer too), and then do it again :D

Psychobuddy

edxgxsrfrz
Reaction score
Yes that works. ;)

Just to clarify you can't use Myr Battlespheres "trample-like" ability twice that way because it is activated when you attack. Otherwise you can do the Myr Galvanizer trick over and over.

A cheap trick is to have two [or more] Galvanizer's out and equp something with a Splinter Twin, err equip a myr with it.

If I have it right you can spam this combo over and over until you have enough tokens to overpower your opponent. :) Cheap I know.

Daemoniac

Rivethead Magnate.
Contributor
Reaction score
Yay I was right :metal: :lol:

I think we're getting some more cards for christmas, I know the missus wants to change up her deck so it's a full Angel/Sphinx deck (which is going to be truly infuriating...), and I want to either complete my Artifact deck 100% or start a behemoth Eldrazi deck :D

Slayer89

The Demon Barber
Reaction score
Working on a MonoBlack list right now. Don't think it's amazing or anything, but it's fun. Just trying to get some Grave Titans.

Psychobuddy

edxgxsrfrz
Reaction score
^Post it when your done, I haven't been able to get a good Mono Black deck in a long time...
and I would like some inspiration.

Latest posts

')