Magic the Gathering!

PyramidSmasher

Chess Dragon
Reaction score
My friend's dad pulled a foil jace and a regular jace in the same pack.

First he freaks out about the foil one, then decides to look at the rare in t he pack and shits himself.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MikeH

Bring the gain
Reaction score
Just a little heads up, I have 100 MTG cards for sale. $18. PM me.

MikeH

Bring the gain
Reaction score
Plains:
Tigereye Cameo
Strength of Unity
Sparring Golem (2/2)
Sulfur Vent
Sunscape Apprentice (1/1)
Benalish Lancer (2/2)
Benalish Emissary (1/4)
Holy Day
Dismantling Blow
Morale
Deserted Temple
Ravaged Highlands
(6) Plains Elemental cards

Forest:
Pulse of Llanowar
Pincer Spider (2/3)
Llanowar Vanguard (1/1)
Yavimaya Barbarian (2/2)
Geothermal Crevice
Llanowar Cavalry (1/4)
Tinder Farm
Frenzied Tilling
Kavu Climber (3/3)
Explosive Growth
Llanowar Elite (1/1)
Quirion Trailblazer (1/2)
Sulam Djinn (6/6)
(6) Forest Elemental cards

Island:
Manipulate Fate
Barrin’s Unmaking
Faerie Squadron (1/1)
Exclude
Metathran Zombie (1/1)
Tower Drake (2/1)
Hydromorph Guardian (2/2)
Churning Eddy
Spinal Embrace
(6) Island Elemental cards

Swamp:
Smoldering Tar
Agonizing Demise
Belbe’s Percher (2/2)
Scavenged Weaponry
Bog Initiate (1/1)
Lost Soul (2/1)
Urborg Volcano
Duskwalker (1/1)
Flint Golem (2/3)
(6) Swamp Elemental cards

Mountain:
(Holographic) Skizzik (5/3)
Savage Offensive
Loafing Giant (4/6)
Fanning the Flames
Tremble
Scorching Lava
Dwarven Scorcher (1/1)
Maniacal Rage
Lava Dart
Firebrand Ranger (2/1)
Kavu Aggressor (3/2)
Simoon
Chainflinger (2/2)
Crown of Flames
Pardic Lancer (3/2)
Zap
Lead Golem (3/5)
Spitting Earth
Flame Spirit (2/3)
Pillage
Volcanic Hammer
Goblin Chariot (2/2)
Raging Goblin (1/1)
Hill Giant (3/3)
(10) Mountain Elemental cards

Hemi-Powered Drone

Dragonblade629
Reaction score
I'm thinking of getting the Deck Builder's Toolkit and War of Attrition so I could build a competitive deck, think that will work until I can really decide a direction for my deck?

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm thinking of getting the Deck Builder's Toolkit and War of Attrition so I could build a competitive deck, think that will work until I can really decide a direction for my deck?

Unfortunately, not really. War of Attrition's inability to be modified without losing Stoneforge Mystic really neuters it. If you're going to get one, get Into the Breach. It's actually a decent facsimile of a competitive Kuldotha Red deck.

Hemi-Powered Drone

Dragonblade629
Reaction score
Unfortunately, not really. War of Attrition's inability to be modified without losing Stoneforge Mystic really neuters it. If you're going to get one, get Into the Breach. It's actually a decent facsimile of a competitive Kuldotha Red deck.

Wait, it has a banned card in it? But isn't it one of the newest decks?

Nile

Giver of the Likes
Reaction score
It has 2 Stoneforge Mystics, that deck can only be played with them, and that deck cannot be modified in anyway, or else it becomes illegal.

It is also a Dying Fetus album! :hbang:

Slayer89

The Demon Barber
Reaction score

Yeah, the deck was released shortly before Stoneforge got banned in standard. Because of the situation they made the decision that you can still use the preconstructed deck, but you are not allowed to change any cards in it.

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Contributor
Reaction score
^ Exactly. As I had already said...

Consequently, running the New Phyrexia "War of Attrition" event deck is the one exception they made to the Stoneforge Mystic banning, so long as you run it exactly as it comes in the box, sideboard and all. If you want to change it, the first thing you have to do is remove Stoneforge Mystic.

Slayer89

The Demon Barber
Reaction score
So, trying to brew up some new standard decks. I'm so sad that the fetch lands are leaving. Really hoping Innistrad gives us some Enemy colored duals. I'm really starting to like my BG deck.

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Contributor
Reaction score
Enemy coloured dual lands would be great, but I'm not holding my breath there. The enemy fetch lands were the greatest lands printed since Ravnica.

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Contributor
Reaction score
Not such a fan of pain lands, would rather have shock lands.

Slayer89

The Demon Barber
Reaction score
Well, obviously haha, but with how they've said that just pain lands were "too confusing for new players", they must think a shockland is rocket science to a new player.

Hemi-Powered Drone

Dragonblade629
Reaction score
Well, obviously haha, but with how they've said that just pain lands were "too confusing for new players", they must think a shockland is rocket science to a new player.

Really?
I remember getting the red/green shock land out of one of my first packs, that didn't seem too confusing.

Slayer89

The Demon Barber
Reaction score
Half the stuff that R&D calls confusing is pretty simple. It just seems like they've gone on a mission to seriously dumb things down.

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Contributor
Reaction score
Made a ridiculous trade yesterday. The 2 Ashnod's Altars that I ordered nearly 2 months ago finally arrived. I had gotten one for my Ghave, Guru of Spores EDH deck (I've been using a proxy up until now) and I ordered two because there was a dearth of that particular card in my playgroup. Before they arrived, someone else in my group mentioned that he was also making a Ghave deck and really wanted one, so I told him I had one on the way. We were playing EDH yesterday, so I brought both of them with me and offered it to him for trade. In turn, he handed me a stack of cards and said "I'll trade any card in this pile."

So, what do I find?

Freaking Gideon Jura.

I made it absolutely clear, he would be losing by this trade if he agreed to it, and bigtime. But he went for it, no hesitation.

So yeah, I traded a 40 cent uncommon (as far as MTG rarity rating goes) for an $18 mythic rare planeswalker. Not too shabby.

Also, another one of the guys in my group sold some of his collection to the game store we play at in order to finance other purchases. I picked through what he sold and managed to grab two Seedborn Musesand two Woodfall Primuses, cards that I had been trying to find for quite a while, among some other neat stuff. I had been proxying Woodfall Primus in my Ghave deck since I'd built it as well. Now I just need a Juniper Order Ranger and the deck will be complete. Did pretty darn well.

')