Major scale workout (vid + tab)

Alternative-Perspective

Reaction score
In this video I share some ideas to approach scale practicing routines from different perspectives. Some of the ideas might be obvious to some, but not to everyone.

Reactions: IGC

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

IGC

Reaction score
Pertaining your approach to using thirds, fifth, sixth, and octaves, for every note of the C major scale you play with your index finger, it appears that you are bouncing that notes major fifth, third or whatever with your next finger of choice?
Way cool approach! Gotta try that:yesway:

Alternative-Perspective

Reaction score
Pertaining your approach to using thirds, fifth, sixth, and octaves, for every note of the C major scale you play with your index finger, it appears that you are bouncing that notes major fifth, third or whatever with your next finger of choice?
Way cool approach! Gotta try that:yesway:

Yes, that's what I am doing. Fingerings are something individual/personal, so every player will have a different approach to that.

IGC

Reaction score
So cool! Thanks for the free lessons, definitely opened my eyes to a new and different perspective on fretboard navigation with C major. :yesway:
Checked out your Facebook and youtube, your pretty damn amazing! The fifth Caprice OMG!
You must practice all day every day?

Alternative-Perspective

Reaction score
So cool! Thanks for the free lessons, definitely opened my eyes to a new and different perspective on fretboard navigation with C major. :yesway:
Checked out your Facebook and youtube, your pretty damn amazing! The fifth Caprice OMG!
You must practice all day every day?

I only get to practice one or two hours a day.

IGC

Reaction score
Interesting, I'm pretty diverse in my musical interests as well. I'v heard some Nu Jazz that I liked, kind of a rhumba beat thing going on. Never got around to trying to play it. But a great relaxing style to listen to.
C major with some classic 50s swing time is the most comfortable thing for me to improvise over. Seriously learned the modes of that scale in like 7th grade and I'm 39 now!
That's why I like this post. :yesway:

Last edited:

Latest posts