Man am I getting tired of waiting for this...

• Thread starter Richardscuro
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Richardscuro

Reaction score
I ordered a Schecter C7 Blackjack at the end of February at a well known (Friendly) online music store. I have heard a different story every time I call about the status of my order. I even called Schecter directly and haven't gotten an answer back yet about whether they even have any C7 Blackjack's in their wherehouse rightnow. I understand that they are a popular item but I am really getting tired of getting the runaround from both schecter and this retailer. :scream2: :scream2: :scream2: :mad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Monolith

Reaction score
If it's out of stock, cancel it and buy somewhere else.

Shannon

Lord Super Awesome
Contributor
Reaction score
Richardscuro said:
The problem is that no one has them in stock rightnow. :mad:

Go to drumcityguitarland.com
They have the best prices & service. :cool:

Cringles

Another Sinking Ship
Reaction score
yeah i had trouble with getting my schecter 007 blackjack...i ordered it last march...only got it before christmas i think....i actuly orded a C7 blackjack but one of the guys made a big scratch on it so they sent me a 007 blackjack.....fare enough...007 gives more access to the 24th fret..my guitar teacher is know to talk a lot of crap..but thats what he said was taking to long..all the schecter's are made in japan anyway...they only make costum guitars in the US...

Jeff

Banned from Reality
Reaction score
Cringles said:
yeah i had trouble with getting my schecter 007 blackjack...i ordered it last march...only got it before christmas i think....i actuly orded a C7 blackjack but one of the guys made a big scratch on it so they sent me a 007 blackjack.....fare enough...007 gives more access to the 24th fret..my guitar teacher is know to talk a lot of crap..but thats what he said was taking to long..all the schecter's are made in japan anyway...they only make costum guitars in the US...

Made in Korea, actually.

SevenatoR

Seven String Slinger
Reaction score
music123.com and zzounds.com both have them on their sites. It would be worth checking to see if they have them in stock...

I'm waiting on the Damien and the Hellraiser. Who knows how long that will be... :(

Rev2010

Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, I ordered one too and it's been on backorder for 3 weeks since I've ordered it. Kinda scary reading that some people have had it on backorder for months. If I could just get a freakin real time estimate I'd know whether it's best to wait it out or get something else. I currently have an Ibanez AX7221. I use heavy strings (13-70) tune it down to A and the intonation is out and I can't move the saddles back any further so I figured I'd get a baritone.

Rev.

SevenatoR

Seven String Slinger
Reaction score
Kinda weird, I just picked up a 2005 Schecter catalog and the C7 Blackjack is still being produced this year. And I just got a MF rag in the mail yesterday and they've dropped the price from $599 to $549. Hard to believe you can't get your hands on one....

Rev2010

Contributor
Reaction score
SevenatoR said:
And I just got a MF rag in the mail yesterday and they've dropped the price from $599 to $549. Hard to believe you can't get your hands on one....

Well, that sale price was only for a limited time. I placed my order while it was on sale. Now the price is back up to $599. But check all the online music stores. They all have the BlackJack C-7 backordered. I just received an e-mail this morning from Musicians Friend saying it's backordered and they should be able to ship it to me within 30 days :mad: Yet, oddly the new expected ship date is 4/1 but whatever, that's never correct.

Rev.

Reaction score
yeah I also am waiting for a schecter(damien-7) its been about a month so far thats its been on back order......i am really getting impatient :wallbash:

Mind Riot

Devoted seven stringer
Contributor
Reaction score
If it makes you guys feel any better, I read an interesting article with Micheal Schecter (I think that's his name, the big guy at Schecter, in any case) one time where he was talking about why Schecter hasn't branched into the sub $300 guitar market. He said he couldn't make the quality of instruments he wanted to for less than that, and he didn't want to put out less than what he wanted in the quality department so $300 was the cutoff.

He said he didn't want to branch the business out into huge numbers of lower priced, lower quality guitars because it's so much harder to maintain quality control that way. He said he'd rather just make fewer guitars and keep the quality up instead.

I don't know about anyone else, but that makes me feel a lot better than if they started putting out a bunch of cheap crappy guitars instead. I know it's hard to wait and it really sucks to be stuck that way, but my own experiences and the experiences of pretty much every person I've ever met who's owned or played a Schecter extensively tells me that it'll probably be worth the wait. :cool:

Jesse

iJesse
Contributor
Reaction score
you think schecters bad? try to order ANY Ibanez in canada, its nothing to wait half a year.

JJ Rodriguez

Contributor
Reaction score
Jem7vsbl said:
you think schecters bad? try to order ANY Ibanez in canada, its nothing to wait half a year.

That's true, I work for a place that used to be the ibanez dealer for this city. When people wanted to order shit, I'd tell them straight up that it's a pain in the ass and you would most likely be waiting. I don't know if it's Efkay music in Montreal's fault (the Ibanez supplier for Eastern Canada) or if it's the people sending them the guitars, but something is always on back order. I hope your guitar ships soon dude, waiting on a new axe sucks.

Doctor J

I Don't Own An Ibanez 7!
Reaction score
Come on lads, use your imagination. There isn't a Schecter dealer in Ireland, I had to resort to ebay. In fact, the last 5 instruments I've bought have been from the USA or Japan, either from private sellers or dealers. Even including shipping costs and import taxes, it has still cost me substantially less than buying over here (even if you could get them in the country).

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
Richardscuro said:
I ordered a Schecter C7 Blackjack at the end of February at a well known (Friendly) online music store. I have heard a different story every time I call about the status of my order. I even called Schecter directly and haven't gotten an answer back yet about whether they even have any C7 Blackjack's in their wherehouse rightnow. I understand that they are a popular item but I am really getting tired of getting the runaround from both schecter and this retailer. :scream2: :scream2: :scream2: :mad:
Wow. It took me less than a week to get my 007-- i Even special ordered it from a local store who didnt stock the model!

frank falbo

Reaction score
I've got a used one on the way in the next few days. But in the mean time I found a $450 BIN from a shop where the guy ordered it and never picked it up. Maybe he never picked it up because it took too long and he got it elsewhere.

That's the problem with having such a huge catalog like Schecter has. They are offering too many guitars that are too similar IMO to be able to keep up with an unknown demand. Guitars from Korea take about 3-4 months from the time you order them. They offer so many models that they probably can't ever get the timing and the quantity right, to meet their demand. If they're not careful they'll end up overordering stuff right as the popularity fades. You can't make people wait several months and expect them to remain faithful. They'll go elsewhere, like to the used market as I did, or a certain percentage will go some other maker if a similar product is available.

')