Man, I fucking love Days of the New

• Thread starter Chris
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Chris

Forum MVP
Reaction score
The first album was great, but two and three are just jaw-dropping fucking awesome.

Travis Meeks is a genius, and an absolutely amazing songwriter. It's no suprise that the albums after the first one (The one with Touch, Peel and Stand on it) didn't sell well - they're fucking brilliant.

Unfortunately in the music business, that's usually the kiss of death for a band, and it's a shame, because I believe right now he has content for a new album but no label to carry it. :mad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I have their first album. I had their second cd which I thought was a brilliant album but a friend of mine borrowed it 4 years ago and I have never seen it since.:mad:. The first one is good too. Travis Meeks is definately a talented songwriter. :agreed:

He should release something new. It'd be cool to hear what he's got now.

Leon

{##[====:::.
Contributor
Reaction score
i thought it was kinda shitty how he left the old guys, and reformed a new band. but, it was cool, because they formed Tantric.

i haven't heard much off the 2nd and 3rd DotN albums, but yeah, i really dug the first one. Break Me Down rocks.

ecalcagnino

\mm/
Contributor
Reaction score
Did you guys see the singer guy on that show Intervention? Damn he was tweaked. Didn't look like he took to rehab too well either.

Leon

{##[====:::.
Contributor
Reaction score
ecalcagnino said:
Did you guys see the singer guy on that show Intervention? Damn he was tweaked. Didn't look like he took to rehab too well either.
i remember seeing commercials for it! but, i wasn't able to catch it either.

noodles

Contributor
Reaction score
I caught it, and yeah, he was totally gone. I'm convinced that a lot of his problems in the music biz stem from his inability (and unwillingness) to stop doing crystal meth.

Oogadee Boogadee

ss.orggy biscuit
Forum MVP
Reaction score
oh man, the end of that clip is really heart breaking. i loved their radio singles... even when they got over played. they were refreshing.

WayneCustom7

Paolo
Contributor
Reaction score
ecalcagnino said:

I watched it and I felt sorry for the dude. Incredibly talented, but really fucked up...what he was like 16 and on top of the world. However you got a glimpse into his life and it's almost understandable why he became so fucked up. I believe he lived away from home for a stretch as a youngin, and in fact, his mother couldn't go meet him somewhere at the end of the show, some crucial meeting, because of some lame excuse. I think in the end he refused treatment or he didn't follow through. Man that was one of the best episodes.

Chris

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Yeah that's a damn shame, I'd love to see the whole thing.

According to his wife and his message boards, he's doing much better, but it's saddening to see such a talent go down the shitter before he really had a chance to hit his stride.

The second and third albums that he wrote himself (minus the guys that formed Tantric) are absolutely amazing.

Chris

Forum MVP
Reaction score
From his girlfriend on travismeeks.com, two days ago:

Travis has been sober four months and he's doing great.

Attachments

• 10a2005.jpe
    10a2005.jpe
    63.3 KB · Views: 16
  • 028_25A.jpe
    028_25A.jpe
    73.4 KB · Views: 12
  • oct2005.jpe
    oct2005.jpe
    58.7 KB · Views: 10
  • utah.jpe
    utah.jpe
    61.9 KB · Views: 10

noodles

Contributor
Reaction score
He looks a lot healthier, it's good to see he's getting help.

Since no one mentioned it, I wanted to add that his performance with the Doors on VH1 Story Tellers absolutely stole the show, no matter what anyone says about HC Jr. or Weiland.

Richardscuro

Reaction score
It's great to see that he is doing better. He was a trainwreck on that show. It was unbelievable to see how far he had fallen. :ugh:

Chris

Forum MVP
Reaction score
noodles said:
He looks a lot healthier, it's good to see he's getting help.

Since no one mentioned it, I wanted to add that his performance with the Doors on VH1 Story Tellers absolutely stole the show, no matter what anyone says about HC Jr. or Weiland.

Absofuckinglutely. :yesway:

')