Many amps in the world, but, not all are to a PRS Guitar.

• Thread starter MrFighter
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MrFighter

Reaction score
Hi guys, well, the post is because I have a restlessness with respect to the PRS Guitars and the amplifiers in the market.

I have seen that not all amplifiers sound good or respond good with this type of guitars, because these guitars have a tone distinctive to the rest of the other guitars, ok, this can sound good with any amp, but, always exist a type of amplifiers specific that not sound good, SOUND AWESOME with a PRS Guitars. For this reason, my post. I want know:

what amplifiers you would use with a PRS guitar?
what amps respond better to this type of guitar?
what amps are the most used by the majority of the artist of PRS and players of this type of guitar?

thanks for watching, greetings.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jwiltz2072

Reaction score
I use a Pod XT Pro with a mesa 50/50 and a oversized Mesa 4x12 and I think my PRS singlecut sounds great!

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Have you tried unplugging the amp and plugging it back in?

Why not try Mesa Boogie? When I think of PRS and metal, Mesa is the first thing to come to mind. But seriously, a PRS should be like any guitar; it'll sound amazing through a good amp, and shit through a bad amp.

ihunda

Reaction score
Nothing special about a PRS pickup/electronics that would put in a different space time continuum for amps.

Hyacinth

Ghostmaker
Reaction score
Paul Waggoner and Dustie Warring from BTBAM both use Axe Fx units with their PRS custom 24s. Paul recently posted a picture of an Ibanez though, so he might be moving back to them sometime in the near future.

yingmin

Parker über alles
Reaction score
What type of guitar you're playing doesn't help us recommend an amp if we don't know what kind of tone you're after.

MrPowers

Reaction score
I have yet to hear a more amazing and distinctive tone than a PRS into a Mesa Dual/Triple Rectifier. If PRS made an American 7 string with standard HFS pickups I would own that combo.

But seriously, any decent amp will sound good. I know a lot of people use Splawn's, my Engl sounded good with a PRS as well. It just depends on what you're after.

Valennic

Many Fingers
Reaction score
I've run several PRSi through my VHT Deliverance and I've never heard a more raw, powerful sound than that combination. It's absolutely hellish. Highly recommended

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
The other things you can try is try the PRS amplifier that PRS makes, ok, because that might help since a lot of times amp makers say that their amps are mades for their guitars, ok, so maybe that will help I don't know but you could always try to see if it's worth doing for that AWESOME tone because everyone knows the woods in PRS is better than the woods in other guitars to get those really good tones.

VBCheeseGrater

not quite a shredder
Reaction score
I use a Pod XT Pro with a mesa 50/50 and a oversized Mesa 4x12 and I think my PRS singlecut sounds great!

We're close - Pod HD Pro, Mesa 50/50, splawn 4x12 here. Honestly, i prefer my Ibanez SA Series over my SE Akerfeldt but it's more a preference thing vs good/bad. The PRS is certainly clear sounding, also the intonation up the neck is second to none. I think the ebony fretboard makes it a bit brighter than i'd like.

Given To Fly

Reaction score
The other things you can try is try the PRS amplifier that PRS makes, ok, because that might help since a lot of times amp makers say that their amps are mades for their guitars, ok, so maybe that will help I don't know but you could always try to see if it's worth doing for that AWESOME tone because everyone knows the woods in PRS is better than the woods in other guitars to get those really good tones.

Then why doesn't the Squire SP-15 sound good with a Squire guitar?!?
Ha! I just shot your theory down...:guns:

JK:lol:

MetalDestroyer

Heaven's Football Bat
Reaction score
Someone should put the title of this thread on a picture of yoda or something. That is all.

Latest posts

')