Many Eyes - Keith Buckley's New Project

• Thread starter Musiscience
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Musiscience

Reaction score
As the title says. He just shared a snippet, single incoming. Keith sounding as good as ever, really excited for the release.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Riverview

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Damn , that sounds really good . I’m forever pissed ETID broke up a week before they were supposed to play here with Spiritbox I had tickets for .

Wonder if Keith had this idea to release music or maybe it was seeing Better Lovers doing well . Either way , I’d definitely be stoked to see something going on

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
I’ll check it out tonight if I have energy. Loved ETID. I dont listen to DEP so better lovers is 1/5 lost on me, but a crucial component. I’ll probably enjoy this precisely because it’s Keiths’ vocals lol.

Chri

-________-
Reaction score
I’ll check it out tonight if I have energy. Loved ETID. I dont listen to DEP so better lovers is 1/5 lost on me, but a crucial component. I’ll probably enjoy this precisely because it’s Keiths’ vocals lol.
Truth. He was the biggest draw for me with ETID. Obviously the energy of the band was a part of it, but there's no doubting he was a major factor for me personally.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
Truth. He was the biggest draw for me with ETID. Obviously the energy of the band was a part of it, but there's no doubting he was a major factor for me personally.
Im just used to his voice. Greg is jarring because I never listened to his band haha.

Musiscience

Reaction score

The whole song is released now

Alright, this rips. It's different enough from ETID to sound like it's own thing, but still has the signature Keith vocals with a few twists.

Im just used to his voice. Greg is jarring because I never listened to his band haha.
You're missing out on a few great albums. But yeah, most of DEP's material is pretty jarring.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
Oh I meant better lovers is jarring because its signature Jordan Buckley riffs so my brain expects Keith Buckley vocals.

I smell an AI dubbed version…

neurosis

Reaction score
I love the riff in this. Do we know who the rest of thebans is? Song is great compared to the better lovers thing. Should be hard to stomach for the other guys if this blows up because Keith has the star power to become a major hard rock draw even for a pop audience. We'll see where this all goes and what other songs sound like.

bwh0005

Reaction score
I love the riff in this. Do we know who the rest of thebans is? Song is great compared to the better lovers thing. Should be hard to stomach for the other guys if this blows up because Keith has the star power to become a major hard rock draw even for a pop audience. We'll see where this all goes and what other songs sound like.
The rest of the band is Charlie & Nick Bellmore. Both played on Jamey Jasta from Hatebreeds solo album I think

neurosis

Reaction score
The rest of the band is Charlie & Nick Bellmore. Both played on Jamey Jasta from Hatebreeds solo album I think
Interesting. I didn’t like that album or kingdom of sorrow particularly, but this was a lot of fun.

couverdure

No Gear Day
Reaction score
The reactions here are different from what I'm seeing in /r/Metalcore, probably because everyone there got soured at how Keith became a huge dick which caused the breakup of ETID, and also that the instrumentals are lacking compared to what Better Lovers have put out.

Eyelessfiend

Reaction score
Eh, the breakup is just divisive among ETID fans. There was clearly some underlying tension that was not being handled and it had been there for a while.

That being said, Better Lovers has better instrumentals but I wish they had chosen a different singer. Greg is great and I love Dillinger but didn't wanna hear him over Jordan's riffs. Would have rathered Ryan from Trap Them or something.

')