Many Guitars

• Thread starter Adam Of Angels
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Adam Of Angels

The GAS Man
Reaction score
I've been trying to shift my lot of guitars down to Florida, but simply shipping them there would be unreasonably expensive... so since I already have a wild trading habit, I might as well trade them off. If you're interested in buying, most of these prices are "OBO", and I'm absolutely flexible - if you have partial trades in mind, I don't mind accepting or offering money to make up the difference. Multiple items for one trades in either direction are also welcome. Don't be shy - I encourage you to run any ideas you have by me: adamofangels@gmail.com

Description: Takamine EG524SC-NS - 9.8/10 condition

This one is more or less like-new, not having been used a whole lot. As far as affordable acoustics go, it's not only a decent player, but it's quite attractive.

Modifications: None

Accessories: Gig bag

Price: $300

Pictures:

DSC_0789_zps9fcea0a2.jpg

Takamine Photos by AdamOfAngels | Photobucket

Description: ESP Mirage

This is a late 80's/early 90's ESP Mirage, and as you can see, its days of beauty are behind it. The finish was stripped in favor of a clearcoat a while ago. I'm not sure if this originally came with an OFR or not, but that's what is on it, and the pickups are now Duncans (the neck pickup might be original, but the bridge is a more recent addition). The condition is not actually too bad on it, however, at about the 16th fret on the bass side, there is a small fretboard crack which I believe it effecting two high notes on both the E and A string. Anybody handy with tools can correct this, but as it is, it's just sitting around not being touched by me.

Short version: This one might need a bit of work, depending on your preferences, but it has the potential to be a lovely workhorse (which is what it was for most of its life).

Modifications: Finish stripped, maybe pickups, maybe trem - hard to say. This one has history.

Accessories: None

Price: $400

Pictures:

DSC_0825_zps191edcbf.jpg

MII Photos by AdamOfAngels | Photobucket

Description: Schecter Blackjack ATX Solo-6 - satin black - 9.8/10 condition

This one was bought new recently and played maybe twice - its effectively new. Schecter may or may not have had a less than spectacular reputation for several years, but their new stuff is increasingly impressive. I would put this guitar up against anything in its price range, and it would more than likely win.

The only signs of handling are a couple of shiny spots on the back, but that can be cleaned off without much effort.

Accessories: Hardshell case

Price: $600

Pictures:

DSC_0748_zpse966d11a.jpg

ATX Photos by AdamOfAngels | Photobucket

Description: Gibson Les Paul Studio Satin - black - 6/10 condition

Nice player, sounds nice, has seen better days as far as the finish is concerned. No structural or functional issues, just a variety of paint marks and what not.

Accessories: Gigbag

Price: $500

Pictures:

DSC_0759_zpsd377d19d.jpg

LP Studio Photos by AdamOfAngels | Photobucket

Description: Gibson SGJ - rubbed vintage burst - 9.8/10 condition

This is a stripped down, bare bones SG, but it is in no way compromised in terms of quality - it plays and sounds better than most Gibsons I've had (not including the Custom Shop stuff - let's be fair), and it is surprisingly gorgeous (check the pictures - they came out alright). If this came without inlays and with a matching headstock, I don't think I could ask for anything more (maybe an ebony board).

This one has Gibson Burstbucker Pros installed, which do not come with it - I don't know what the stock pickups sound like, but holy hell if it doesn't sound absolutely crushing with these.

There are no flaws on this one, aside from maybe the slightest signs of handling/playing.

Modifications: Gibson Burstbucker Pro's

Accessories: Gibson gigbag

Price: $600 with Burstbuckers, $450 without them

Pictures:

DSC_0817_zpsee75213b.jpg

SGJ Photos by AdamOfAngels | Photobucket

Description: Paul Reed Smith SE Nick Catanese - black cherry - 9.8/10 condition

Surprisingly, this guitar has the full thickness and weight of an LP, which definitely works toward the tone and character of the guitar. I think these SE's are pretty much unanimously regarded as being a great value. This particular guitar has a great clear low end and a really comfortable neck.

Accessories: PRS gigbag

Price: $600

Pictures:

DSC_0781_zps5eae73c6.jpg

NC SE Photos by AdamOfAngels | Photobucket

Description: LTD ZH-7 - 9.8/10 condition

One of the cooler LTD's I've owned, even though I'm a fan of them to begin with. The neck is super comfortable - not huge like some other 7 strings on the market, and it has some nice touches like the actual black hardware, locking tuners, and seemingly high quality, gorgeous quilt top (check the pictures).

Price: $850

Pictures:

DSC_0643_zps4d7fbb75.jpg

ZH-7 Photos by AdamOfAngels | Photobucket

Description: Ibanez Premium RG-721cnf - 9.3/10 condition

I used to own this guitar and then recently had it find its way back to me. Incredibly cool guitar - this is one I don't mind keeping, but I know not many of them are available, so I figured I'd see if I can replace it with something cool and give somebody else a shot at one.

In terms of specs, this is one of the coolest guitars Ibanez has ever produced - rosewood top, rosewood headstock overlay, rosewood fretboard, basswood body, maple neck, balled fret ends, tight end hardtail bridge. Plays very very well, and sounds great with the Dimarzio Gravity Storms installed.

Light indentation on the forearm contour, small area of some very light worming on the bottom side that rests on your lap, and some light glossing of the satin finish in the usual spots.

Modifications: Dimarzio Gravity Storm set

Price: $900

Pictures:

DSC_0111_zps0c72eebf.jpg

RG-721 Photos by AdamOfAngels | Photobucket

Description: Spector NS2-JA-R '83 Reissue - white - 9.8/10 condition
Nice bass, and nearly what I want in a bass feature-wise, but I'm not crazy about the fretboard being on this particular guitar.

No flaws from what I can tell - very very clean.

Accessories: Gigbag

Price: $1200

Pictures:

DSC_0799_zps8a367197.jpg

Spector Photos by AdamOfAngels | Photobucket

Description: Ibanez JS-1200 - red - 9.7/10 condition

I always figured these guitars should be as popular as the RG's (maybe they are, I don't know) - the body is one of the most comfortable I've played, and the neck feels like an old hotrod strat. Personally, I think the Edge Pro is the most comfortable floating bridge there is, so over all, this guitar is made for comfort, and it excels as a workhorse.

Really no flaws aside from some light scratches on the back, really only on the trem cavity cover (which is shown in the pictures).

Price: $1200

Pictures:

DSC_0667_zpsd70e0bfa.jpg

JS Photos by AdamOfAngels | Photobucket

Description: Fender American Deluxe 60th Anniversary Strat - sunburst - 9.6/10 condition

As nice of a strat as anybody could ask for, as far as I'm concerned. The neck is technically a "soft V", which I had always heard about and imagined to be awful... however, I was surprised when I found out that this one had that contour, as its not much different than a regular, rounded Strat neck that I'm accustomed to. In any case, this one sounds excellent, and brings the EJ out of me (this is a good thing).

Overall great condition, with just a few minor bumps (nothing through the finish or anything close to that - everything is documented in the pictures).

Price: $1300

Pictures:

DSC_0734_zps60d718ec.jpg

Deluxe Strat Photos by AdamOfAngels | Photobucket

Description: Caparison Applehorn - stone/grey - 9.4/10 condition

This one is all around cool shredder with a dash of quirkiness (note: the giant apple with devil horns in the middle of the body). It works on its on, but if you are familiar with Mattias IA Eklundh, it is easily 10x cooler.

It has some small dents/impressions on it that you can see if you look for them closely, and there are two very faint neckpocket cracks in the finish (not in the wood, just barely into the finish - they're hard to see in most light).

Price: $1600

Pictures:

DSC_0622_zps2ace09f5.jpg

Applehorn Photos by AdamOfAngels | Photobucket

Description: EVH USA Wolfgang - black cherry - 9.7/10 condition

These are surprisingly under-rated guitars - I haven't played any of its predecessors (Peavey or Music Man) that can hold up to it. Then again, it has the advantage of having Stainless Steel frets on top of an already excellent build quality.

There is some very faint signs of scratches from a buckle or something on the back, but its hard to find even with adequate lighting, let alone a camera. Most of it is on the trem plate. Very minor. The guitar is very clean over all.

Price: $2000

Pictures:

DSC_0679_zps50a37da9.jpg

EVH Photos by AdamOfAngels | Photobucket

Description: Paul Reed Smith Special 22 10-top - natural burst - 9.9/10 condition

This is essentially a Custom 22 with a Lollar single coil in the middle. It's very lightweight, sounds absolutely incredible, and plays as well as any other decent PRS. The color ends up looking like an ordinary sunburst in most pictures, but is in actuality more like a natural gloss with faint bursting on the edges. It's stunning. Also, as far as 10-tops go, this one is very unique - be sure to check out the pictures - it sort of changes with every angle.

The condition is perfect - it was bought new from Wildwood Guitars not long ago and hasn't seen much play time.

Accessories: Hardshell case, tags and such

Price: $2200

Pictures:

DSC_0654_zpsb0f1dac2.jpg

Special 22 Photos by AdamOfAngels | Photobucket

Description: Paul Reed Smith Custom 22 Artist - tortoise shell - 9.7/10 condition

Maybe the best looking PRS I've owned - look at the top in the pictures.. it's absurd. That combined with the color, gold hardware, and uniform matching fretboard/headstock are over the top. It plays like a champion and sounds wonderful.

The only flaws are the faintest sign of buckle rash on the back - I tried to photograph it maybe 50 times before I actually got it to show up a bit. Its as minor as rash can be, but I felt the need to mention it.

Accessories: Hardshell case, tags and such

Price: $2800

Pictures:

DSC_0697_zps09cc4956.jpg

Cu22 Artist Photos by AdamOfAngels | Photobucket

References: A lot from sevenstring.org, rig talk, the gear page, jemsite, talk bass, harmony central, jemsite, my les paul, etc.

Last edited:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Forkface

Feast on this.
Reaction score
Sent you an Email :)

EDIT: Gmail just told me that the mail delivery failed :O so I'll just c/p the mail into a PM

myampslouder

Reaction score
Man that caparison is growing on me more and more. I might be back in touch about that if I can get some other gear sold.

asher

So Did We
Reaction score
Hey man, OT, but just a poke to make sure you've been getting my PMs.

')