March 31 - spacey meshuggahy fusiony metal with a solo (AXEFX 2)

• Thread starter prh
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

prh

Plini
Reaction score

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Santuzzo

Reaction score
AWESOME, man! Love it!
Everything is great, sound, playing, the writing...you sir are a genius!!! :bowdown:

I like your drum sound a lot, which AD kit did you use for this? and did you do the drum processing in AD or in your DAW?

prh

Plini
Reaction score
thanks man! just did it all within AD, other than some extra compression on the entire drum track afterwards. its just the default kick that loads when you load the plugin haha, and then i took out some "room" and a little bit of the low frequencies so it was less boomy. glad you like it :)

Santuzzo

Reaction score
thanks man! just did it all within AD, other than some extra compression on the entire drum track afterwards. its just the default kick that loads when you load the plugin haha, and then i took out some "room" and a little bit of the low frequencies so it was less boomy. glad you like it :)

Thanks! :yesway:
do you remember by any chance which snare you used? was it also the default snare?

EDIT: btw, the solo is so damn tasty!

Kurkkuviipale

Another Sinking ....
Reaction score
The rhythm is pretty high compared to bass and drums, but other than that the mix is nice. I personally would back up some mids from the guitars, they sound too saturated to my taste.

The riffs... well I'm not going to that... other than you once again crushed my ego... thanks a lot...

KingAenarion

Resident Studio Nerd
Reaction score
Really sweet writing as per usual... :bowdown:

Join my band? :wub:

Lachlan has already asked you enough time to play with us...

As to the mix, I agree with Kurk, and he said pretty much what I thought. Little too much mids saturation... I LOVE my mids but they feel just a little bit too high.

C2Aye

has the groove.
Reaction score
Aw dude, those tones. Good to hear you posting more clips regularly as well! :yesway:

Agree with Joel that the rhythm guitars are a tad loud and are a bit heavy on low mids to my ear, but other than that, you roolz :wub:

JamesM

The Armada
Reaction score
I knew you'd slay with an Axe-FX II... :)

ddtonfire

Reaction score
Your music always inspires me to make more of my own. Awesome job!

prh

Plini
Reaction score
The rhythm is pretty high compared to bass and drums, but other than that the mix is nice. I personally would back up some mids from the guitars, they sound too saturated to my taste.

listening back i definitely over did the rhythm guitars haha, agreed. thanks bro!

Really sweet writing as per usual... :bowdown:

Join my band? :wub:

Lachlan has already asked you enough time to play with us...

haha cheers man, but i have my own band i really wanna get going plus solo shit plus a couple of other side projects, PLUS uni, every minute of guitar time is spoken for :lol: look forward to your album though, those pre-mix clips sound so sick

Your music always inspires me to make more of my own. Awesome job!

thats the best thing to hear, thank you!

KingAenarion

Resident Studio Nerd
Reaction score
listening back i definitely over did the rhythm guitars haha, agreed. thanks bro!

haha cheers man, but i have my own band i really wanna get going plus solo shit plus a couple of other side projects, PLUS uni, every minute of guitar time is spoken for :lol: look forward to your album though, those pre-mix clips sound so sick

thats the best thing to hear, thank you!

I know. One can always dream...

How's the search for a singer coming?

KingAenarion

Resident Studio Nerd
Reaction score
same old story haha, the main thing is putting together material with my keyboard player at the moment

Definitely man... they're as hard to find as good and interesting lead guitarists. I'd do it, but I'm probably not the voice you're looking for :lol:

I'm looking forward to the new album :cool:

prh

Plini
Reaction score
Definitely man... they're as hard to find as good and interesting lead guitarists. I'd do it, but I'm probably not the voice you're looking for :lol:

I'm looking forward to the new album :cool:

thanks :D haha, you are already the voice of ex curia, can't tread on that!

')