March 31 - spacey meshuggahy fusiony metal with a solo (AXEFX 2)

• Thread starter prh
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JamesM

The Armada
Reaction score
I still can't believe this is pitch shifted. Sounds awesome.

Reaction score
sounds fantastic... would you mind charing the dirty preset? I've been struggling to get anything i like for djenty music without turning into garbled high end noise.

prh

Plini
Reaction score
thanks everyone <3

They all said it. Good show; I'm following you after that 0_o

yay thanks man!

sounds fantastic... would you mind charing the dirty preset? I've been struggling to get anything i like for djenty music without turning into garbled high end noise.

March 26 Rhythm.syx

here ya go, i chucked a pitch block in front of mine for this clip but this was preeeetty much the preset i started out with (its not the same as the standard preset called Djentlemany, i switched the amp/cab i think) hope that helps! when in doubt, gate everything :lol:

penguin_316

Reaction score
^^^I don't know if your trolling or just a DAW wizard, cause that preset sounds really bad to me. But the tone in your clips are amazing, so I don't get it.

edit:I tried it on my AxeStandard but I doubt there is a huge difference from Standard to AXE2, I mean it should sound relatively similar at least.

KingAenarion

Resident Studio Nerd
Reaction score
^^^I don't know if your trolling or just a DAW wizard, cause that preset sounds really bad to me. But the tone in your clips are amazing, so I don't get it.

edit:I tried it on my AxeStandard but I doubt there is a huge difference from Standard to AXE2, I mean it should sound relatively similar at least.

Axe 2 is very different to AxeFX... also, I thought the patches were incompatible...

penguin_316

Reaction score
They are incompatible, but you can view them all the same in AxeEdit software. Nothing in the patch is exclusive to the Axe2 and all of the same settings are available in the standard (I duplicated the patch manually by looking at AxeEdit).

Obviously the 2 will sound better, but with he same settings on a Standard you would think it would be comparable at least.

That was all I was getting at...

prh

Plini
Reaction score
haha thats interesting, maybe they did a complete overhaul of the amp/cab simulations of the ones i used for the axefx 2 or something. cos i did almost zero post-processing, only a tiny tiny bit of EQing, mostly cutting above 10k :scratch:

the only thing i can think of other than that is it could be the gate settings, try bypassing both gates, cos they are very dependent on your input level. if your input level is just a fraction quieter than mine the gates would completely mangle your tone

Kurkkuviipale

Another Sinking ....
Reaction score
The knobs ain't the same in axe-fx 2 and axe-fx stndrd. Actually the knobs in any of the axe-fx:s are not "logical" in the sense that they don't act like the knobs in the original amps they're modelling. The knobs are made to sound like the amps @ the 12'o'clock position, but they scale differently to the original amps and I guess this scaling is different in axe-fx 2 to axe standard.

Reaction score
Thanks for the patch! Yeah, it didn't sound grand with my guitar (basswood RG, EMG 81-7) but there's more to tone than a patch. Guitar, pickups, strings, FINGERS, etc. Sounds great altogether with your mix! I'll have some fun tweaking and playing around with this one.

penguin_316

Reaction score
Actually my bad i didn't know there were gate settings if u click on the input signal box in axe edit...yea that cleaned it up significantly. And gave me a good idea for my own patch :)

prh

Plini
Reaction score
thanks guyzzzz

Actually my bad i didn't know there were gate settings if u click on the input signal box in axe edit...yea that cleaned it up significantly. And gave me a good idea for my own patch :)

yeah i noticed when i was fiddling with the gate how much it can destroy the tone haha, glad to have helped

')