Mark Holcomb limited edition signature PRS

• Thread starter Zalbu
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MattThePenguin

Reaction score
They're both awesome, but man that charcoal one is pretty! :wub:

I busted out my CU24 AP (Pinky! :wub:) last night and realized that as much as I dig the specs on Mark's sig, I'm not going to pull the trigger on one. Figured I'd let it marinate for a while so I could really think it through, but I find my CU24 AP covers about the same ground and the extra .5" on the scale and hardtail weren't enough to make me go "DAMN I NEED THAT!" since it's so close to my CU24, so I get what FoH is saying here. If I blocked my PRS trem, other than the scale length, I'm pretty much there... plus mine has a PS-quality top and neck with a gorgeous black ebony board too, so I'm not crying in my cheerios or anything about not being able to grab one of these. :lol: That being said, it IS a cool sig model and if it had a thicker neck option I'd probably have needed to sell something to buy one myself! :rofl:

I'd love to get this:

PRS_CU24_AP_Bonnie_Pink_12_zpsb38f0a86.jpg

With the specs of Mark's sig though! HOOCHIE MAMA!!! :yum:

That is beautiful man, if I already had that I wouldn't go for the Mark either.

How'd you block the bridge off? Dealing with a trem is.. so aggravating lol.. but these trems sound amazing and I don't want the sustain to take a hit. Idk if putting a block of wood in there affects that

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Rich5150

Reaction score
Ahhh haha gotcha, would love to see some better pics of those (I guess in another thread so as to not continue derailing the Holcomb discussion :lol:) then as they are both tasty! :D

They are coming as soon as my new camera arrives ill have a NGD up in a separate post

Eclipse

Reaction score
Those are pretty awesome! I can see these doing really well for PRS and Mark as well!

leonardo7

Banned
Reaction score
I wonder how many were ordered and how long they will last in-stock at the few places that ordered several. Do you guys think these could go up in value if they dont offer them again? I know that if any brand has collectibility its definitely PRS, and with the 25.5" scale and 20" fretboard radius as well as ebony fretboards you really have an ultra unique PRS that is extremely limited

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
I wonder how many were ordered and how long they will last in-stock at the few places that ordered several. Do you guys think these could go up in value if they dont offer them again? I know that if any brand has collectibility its definitely PRS, and with the 25.5" scale and 20" fretboard radius as well as ebony fretboards you really have an ultra unique PRS that is extremely limited

Sounds like you ordered a few for flipping.

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score

Doubtful. It's already appealing to a niche market segment, that's why its limited and not a full-time artist signature like they have done in the past with sig models for the bigger name guys. I'm sure they will sell well for the small run, but no, I don't think these are going to become "collectible" by any means. It's not going to be worth more than anyone is willing to pay for it used anyways, and the used market has been in the toilet lately. You might get lucky and find someone who missed out on the run and has cash later when they go up for sale, but I really don't think these are going to become collectible or worth more later.

PRS has done a bunch of limited runs, dealer wood library runs etc. in the past and none of those have been looked at as more valuable or collectible later, even with unique specs. They have all sold for less than they did new, and I honestly don't think with the used market being what it is that anyone will be fooled into paying "collector" prices for these later. :lol:

leonardo7

Banned
Reaction score
Sounds like you ordered a few for flipping.

:lol: I definitely dont have the cash to buy these and sit on em in hopes that I will be able to make a little cash. I would definitely have better ways to invest. But it was the nicest guitar I played at NAMM so I ordered one. I dont buy guitars for the sole purpose of flipping for profit

Doubtful. It's already appealing to a niche market segment, that's why its limited and not a full-time artist signature like they have done in the past with sig models for the bigger name guys. I'm sure they will sell well for the small run, but no, I don't think these are going to become "collectible" by any means. It's not going to be worth more than anyone is willing to pay for it used anyways, and the used market has been in the toilet lately. You might get lucky and find someone who missed out on the run and has cash later when they go up for sale, but I really don't think these are going to become collectible or worth more later.

PRS has done a bunch of limited runs, dealer wood library runs etc. in the past and none of those have been looked at as more valuable or collectible later, even with unique specs. They have all sold for less than they did new, and I honestly don't think with the used market being what it is that anyone will be fooled into paying "collector" prices for these later. :lol:

True. The used market is shit right now. Im really curious to know how many of these are going to be made. Is there ever a way to get that figure?

Scrubface05

Reaction score
Luckily enough my job puts me in a position to order one of these...
Did it. CANNOT wait!
Holcomb burst for the win.

FallOfHumanity

Reaction score
A few guys (3, myself included) on the PRS forums ordered one each. One of the guys has a friend that ordered one as well. So I know of at least 6 now that have been ordered, including the two people on this post that have ordered.

I'm sure with dealer stock and the pre-orders, this will sell pretty well for them.

onionofdoom

I'm Batman
Reaction score
Am I the only one who thinks the fact that this is a 25.5" scale as opposed to a 25" isn't just a good thing, but actually makes it look nicer?

Hear me out- on a regular Custom 24 the pickups, to my eye are too close together. I have a bunch of 22 fret PRS' for precisely this reason. (Yes, I know, but they're so much more visually appealing to me.) On the Holocomb the longer scale means the bridge isn't so far up the body and the pickups don't look as 'squashed together'. This might seem like a small issue but if you're me it equals the first 24 fret PRS that doesn't irk me visually, and that's awesome!

NateFreezy

Reaction score
I emailed with a guy at PRS customer service about getting this in a lefty... He said no plans but he'll pass on request and if they got enough interest it could happen in the future.

Wishful thinking?

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
I emailed with a guy at PRS customer service about getting this in a lefty... He said no plans but he'll pass on request and if they got enough interest it could happen in the future.

Wishful thinking?

Unless they decide to revive the model as a full-time (these were advertised as a limited artist run just like the Dustie sig, unless it's just a marketing tactic) addition to the lineup, I'd say that a lefty version is simply wishful thinking since the run is closed. The ordering window closed March 6th, so while he might mention "someone asked for a lefty version of this guitar" to someone, I don't think that means much. :lol:

')