Mark V 25 or Revv G20 for bedroom recording

• Thread starter Stiman
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

drb

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Are there other load boxes that have no IR/amp sim at all built in? Like, just a load box plus line out/DI?
Yeah, the Captors will do that and are probably the most cost effective reactive load. I have a Captor 8 that I do it with currently and use IRs or the cab sim in my HX Stomp. I've never used its cab sim or the Two Notes software.

There are cheaper options like the Bugera or Harley Benton attenuators but I found them a bit unreliable and slightly changed the tone coming out of the amp because they aren't reactive loads.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BabUShka

Reaction score
Im in the same situation as you after trying the Hotone Ampero, HX Stomp, HD300, AmpliFire and Mooer stuff. I'm thinking of getting the Captor X so that I can enjoy all my tube amps - in this way ytou wont be forced to use one amp before the other.

Also the NUX Studio looks nice and affordably. It doesnt offer the same options as the X and personally I think I'll stick to the X, but the Nux would be nice to have in addition.

')