Maroon 5 - Payphone - Metal Cover

• Thread starter G27DUDE
  • Start date
  • Tags
    metal
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Daniel_V

Reaction score
Damn! I love it! Probably needs more presence on the guitars, but I'm listening with my iPod headphones, so dont mind me blabbering!

Awesome work!

Daniel_V

Reaction score
Oh, thanks too.. Glad you liked it! I'm working on a few more, soon to be finished.

Maybe I'll will sound like a douche, but.. I'm so happy and yet surprised that I inspired so many people with my remake ..

And I'm surprised yet again why you removed your track from SC and why your post remix ISN'T IN THE TOP 5 THREADS!?!
You obviously gave it more thought on the musical side of things!

UPLOAD IT AGAIN... this should stay in the SS archives!

G27DUDE

Reaction score
Ahh.. That's my bad.. I changed the url without even thinking about the link I have on here. Fixing that now!

And no problem man. Your track sounds great and I'm looking forward to more! I even looked into those Nick Crow amp sims and I think I'll be using those quite a bit... :hbang:

Daniel_V

Reaction score
Cool man... still blasting it thru my headphones.. I hate new Maroon 5 songs and rapping.. but I just love this version!

Raayl

Reaction score
lmfao this is hilarious/awesome

the kick definitely needs some more presence, try a boost around 150hz just so it cuts through under that wall of guitars.

the breakdown/bass drop section is ridiculous.

nice work.

G27DUDE

Reaction score
Haha, thanks man! I just got Steven Slate Drums and I am not a drummer, so I still don't have a great ear for drums. Thanks for the tip! :wavey:

Raayl

Reaction score
Haha, thanks man! I just got Steven Slate Drums and I am not a drummer, so I still don't have a great ear for drums. Thanks for the tip! :wavey:

steven slate metal kit 1 responds really well to master bus compression and limiting.

check out the thread i just made for that linkin park remix - thats the kit i used. my kick might be a little TOO bassy though, lmao.

all im using is a freeware limiter called endorphin and some glue compression and eq. it's pretty easy.

+1 on SSD drums too

G27DUDE

Reaction score
steven slate metal kit 1 responds really well to master bus compression and limiting.

check out the thread i just made for that linkin park remix - thats the kit i used. my kick might be a little TOO bassy though, lmao.

all im using is a freeware limiter called endorphin and some glue compression and eq. it's pretty easy.

+1 on SSD drums too

This may be a dumb question... In my signal chain, should I have SSD > EQ (150 Hz Boost)? I have all of the drums on one track. Should I separate them and EQ the kick drum on its own? And thanks for the info. I'll check those out :)

Raayl

Reaction score
This may be a dumb question... In my signal chain, should I have SSD > EQ (150 Hz Boost)? I have all of the drums on one track. Should I separate them and EQ the kick drum on its own? And thanks for the info. I'll check those out :)

you can use the EQ inside SSD for the kick, or if you don't like working internally in the VSTi, you can split the drum tracks up (kick on its own SSD vsti) and then apply an EQ first thing in the chain

that also gets you into techniques like side-chaining which can create a nice pump in the kick to give it some more boost

Latest posts

')