Marshall JVMC212 2x12 Cab Question

jesebullet

Reaction score
Hello Guys,

I'm about to buy this used cab for a fairly price. But I have never listened to it before and I'm not able to test it myself before buying it.

The specs says that it has 1 x Heritage, 1 x Vintage both labeled "by Marshall", so I'm not complete sure how it will sound after all compared to the original speakers.

This is going to be my first cab to compliment with an EVH 5150iii 50w. I mainly play Modern Metal, Melodeath, etc. and the question is if it will deliver that heavy and tight distorted tones with the EVH.

Thanks in advance.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Werecow

Reaction score
My experience of the EVH is that it's hard for it to NOT get that heavy and tight tone. However a cab can introduce certain frequencies/overtones in the tone that you might not like as much.
It's really hard to suggest a cab to someone as it's subjective.

When you say "compared to the original speakers", what original speakers do you mean? And did you like that cab?

DarthV

Reaction score
Are you sure you want a semi open back cab? Between my Mesa & EVH 2x12 cabs, I prefer the EVH with my 5150III. The tilt back legs and the casters are great features as well.

jesebullet

Reaction score
When you say "compared to the original speakers", what original speakers do you mean? And did you like that cab?

Hey thanks for the input. I said "compared to the original speakers" because this cab does not have the "normal" Celestion Heritage and Vintage 30, this are Marshall Celestions. 2017-07-12 10_46_50-jvmc212 - Buscar con Google - Internet Explorer.png

Are you sure you want a semi open back cab? Between my Mesa & EVH 2x12 cabs, I prefer the EVH with my 5150III. The tilt back legs and the casters are great features as well.
Regarding this, that's why I was asking about this cab, I can get it for a nice price a lot less than the EVH 212, but I wanted to get some feedback from you guys, this is going to be my first cab and I don't want to regret this buy in the near future.

Last edited: