Marshall Mode 4

CrypticFuneral

Reaction score
I never seen these before so i got a head, but i cant find a cab should i just keep or sell i know marshall sucks but my friend swears by them,And i do belive they discountied it.so shit:wallbash:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ShadyDavey

7ibrarian
Reaction score
Alex Skolnick rates it as the best amp Marshall ever made (I think John5 also uses/used one).....other people decry it as a terrible mistake in a long history of quality amplification. Bottom line - if YOU like it then keep it. FWIW I tried one a long while back and it took a lot of tweaking to get a tone I felt happy with but they are louder than all hell and might be a "sleeper" in many people's opinion.

However, why buy it if you "know marshall sucks"?

Try it out, judge later :)

noob_pwn

Reaction score
tried, didn't like, moved on. They were all the rage a few years back when darren malakian was endorsing them and NuMetal was big

CrypticFuneral

Reaction score
i guess i wanted to try out marshall again. but i play Proggresive Black metal.:metal: i was going to try a peavy cab to it.

BabUShka

Reaction score
Would rather go with JCM800 or JVM, than the Mode Four stuff..

Larrikin666

Deadite
Reaction score
That amp is pretty terrible. Marshall cabs really aren't bad though. Especially the MF280 and MF400 made to go with that head. A lot of people swear by them and get excellent recorded tones with both.

MaxStatic

Reaction score
I say try it out. A bunch of people hate the jcm2000 line too but I happen to like mine very much for what it does.

Rook

Electrifying
Reaction score
I too am really not fond of the Mode Four. It's just a valvestate in a slightly nicer box really. I'm not a Marshall fan or a not-a-Marshall fan, I like some of their amps very much and dislike others as much.

Mode Four is pants, it just can't get through a mix. Loud though.

')