Mastered death metal song needing further criticism!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Bouvre

Guitarist of The Faceless
Reaction score
thanks man! Glad you listened to it!!
Ya i was pretty temperamental with that snare, I changed the volume of it at the last second before I bounced it. Thanks for the input!

groph

Reaction score
The drums don't stand out like they probably should, the bass guitar isn't really there (you can rarely hear the bass in metal anyway so that's almost to be expected) and the guitar tone struck me initially as a bit scratchy and harsh but as the song went on my ears got used to it. It's a little "in your face" since you can't hear the drums that well, maybe.

Criticisms aside, holy riffs. That's actually a memorable song that doesn't really sound like a lot of other death metal so I think you've got a unique sound going on which is great to hear. The vocals are pretty awesome too.

Bouvre

Reaction score
thanks man, Ya im still trying to figure out how to smooth out the guitars. The drums are a little low, im working on them right now and figuring out some better levels. Thanks for the input dude!

groph

Reaction score
thanks man, Ya im still trying to figure out how to smooth out the guitars. The drums are a little low, im working on them right now and figuring out some better levels. Thanks for the input dude!

The drums are the biggest thing. The Fathomless Mastery by Bloodbath has a really harsh guitar tone too but it ends up working really well and sounding awesome once your ear gets accustomed to it so I wouldn't worry too too much about the guitars.

Bouvre

Reaction score
ya dude that Bloodbath album is pretty good, The singer from scar symmetry did some guest vocals on that album i think. ya i figure some good levels and did a little adjustments on the guitar. Hopefully ill be able to have a 3 song ep available for download by the end of the year. Thanks again for listening!

myrtorp

Jiggywiggy
Reaction score
This is brutal man! Nice work! I agree about the tone, sounded harsh at first but I got used to it, not a deal breaker by any means! :) Nice growls too

Ooh if you like the Scar Symmetry vocalist you should definatley check out Miseration (hes vocalist there too!) kinda reminded me of this!

Cheers!

Bouvre

Reaction score
This is brutal man! Nice work! I agree about the tone, sounded harsh at first but I got used to it, not a deal breaker by any means! :) Nice growls too

Ooh if you like the Scar Symmetry vocalist you should definatley check out Miseration (hes vocalist there too!) kinda reminded me of this!

Cheers!

Thanks man:hbang:

I actually listen to alot of Miseration, they are such an underrated band!:bowdown:

All_¥our_Bass

Deathly Chuuni
Reaction score
Probably the best thing I've ever heard someone post on seven string.

Beginning of the guitar solo sounds kinda odd though, it doesn't transition smoothly.
Rest of the solo is pretty cool.

Overall very professional sounding.

Bouvre

Reaction score
All_¥our_Bass;2763576 said:
Probably the best thing I've ever heard someone post on seven string.

Beginning of the guitar solo sounds kinda odd though, it doesn't transition smoothly.
Rest of the solo is pretty cool.

Overall very professional sounding.

Ya man, Mirroring Shadow is stuck on repeat right now since i read this! haha.:hbang:

The solo section is a little weird for the transition, from a half time feel to a straight blast, but i wanted it to be an "in your face" like section, where it is just full blown fast drums and that roaring lead vibrato.

Glad you think so! i'm gonna do some more minor adjustments and have it available for download.
I just recently posted a clip to a newer song im working on with this project. you can hear it here

Zenith Song 2 (clip) by JT McKinney on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

Bouvre

Reaction score
:hbang:Thanks Dude!! the mix wont be that much different than the original, just messing with some levels! thanks for the listen!

')