Mastodon Album Ranking Symposium

• Thread starter aceshigh92
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

fps

Kit
Reaction score
Lmao I was going to say after seeing the recent live clips - between Troy playing Warwicks and Bill playing Banker customs and vintage Gibsons they aren’t exactly being the best endorsee’s.
I am happy for Bill and his guitar addiction, but given he has signature LTDs it would be nice to see them on stage occasionally. We get it Bill, you have ESP custom shop on speed dial, don’t rub it in!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

fps

Kit
Reaction score
As far as I am concerned, Remission is the best thing they ever did. When it came out, it didn't really sound like anything else I had heard before in the way the vocals were delivered and the frenetic drumming was just killer. Some of it even sounded tribal to me. I loved it then and I loved it now. Never heard so many fills in my life.

When Leviathan came out and I heard Iron Tusk as a single or whatever I was pumped, but wasn't as blown away as everyone else seemed to be with the full album when I bought it.

Blood Mountain came out and I fell off the wagon. It was too weird. I've tried their other albums here and there and nothing seems to really be up my alley overall.

I've worn a Remission shirt since the album came out essentially. Every few years I buy a new one from Relapse.

Thank you for reading my journal.
It would be great if the new record found a new way to do choruses other than Brann singing high notes. Going back to Remission style song structures would be a great way to do that.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I think Tim from Clutch has a Banker SG style too - they have a deal with Gibson where they can reproduce those shapes? In the UK so what is already expensive would be truly catastrophic to the wallet.

They've always done the shapes to some degree, but the partnership let's him make historically accurate Vs and Explorers and for awhile Gibson was really boosting Banker in advertisements and access to the Gibson dealer suite. But things have been more low profile lately it seems.

Gibson has the same arrangement with Leo Scala, which has been more active as of recently.

')