Mastodon/ Amon Amarth/ Enslaved style pickups?

• Thread starter 13point9
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

13point9

Now with Less Hair!
Reaction score
OK so 2 of my 6's need replacements, one is mahogany and the other is 'hard wood' :lol:

wanting to get a tone similar to the bands mentioned above, that kind of low output almost proggy guitar sound. they all use gibson style guitars, so I'm wondering if they use standard gibson PAFs or something else, and if anyone has any suggestions for a similar tone...

did a quick search an couldn't find any sites saying what pick ups they use/ used...

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

13point9

Now with Less Hair!
Reaction score
Wow wasn't expecting them to be so high output hahaha... shows how much i know >.< lol

and on the rebel yell, i was looking at black dogs, but i really am new to this whole thing anyone care to shed some light???

InTheRavensName

Dog says yes ^.^ Yes
Reaction score
BKP Riff Raffs should get you pretty close, although I think Ice Dale from Enslaved used a JB/59 combo, not sure where I heard that though.

13point9

Now with Less Hair!
Reaction score
cheers guys trying to find out more about these things atm, may go for the riff raff's in the mahogany guitar and distortion/ '59 in the other...

')