Mastodon Recordings!

• Thread starter intereo_luuk
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Esp Griffyn

Play more music
Reaction score
Excited about this, Mastodon are one of my favourite metal bands. I hope they can get back to the sheer intensity and catchiness of Remission, they've still got that fire in them. Blood Mountain was a cool album, and Leviathan was ok (a little overrated imo) but Remission was an absolute stormer of an album. The high point of their career so far, and imo, the album they need to beat.

Nightcrawler

thrashin`til`death
Reaction score
Great news! IMHO, while Remission was a monster of an riffalicious album, Leviathan had better songwriting. Either way, those two rule and Blood Mountain wasnt bad either. Looking forward to the new one!

Crucified

Deathgrind Maniac
Reaction score
i liked mastodon until blood mountain. the vocals on that album really ended up ruining it for me. This band seems to change their style from album to album while still retaining the general feel of the band so i'm interested to see what the next album will be like.

Nightcrawler

thrashin`til`death
Reaction score
I dug the vocals on BM, thought they suited the music great. Mind you, I really love the early Mastodon vocals. Expect the new one to be more in BM vein, probably proggier though. We can speculate all we want though..me wants the new album!

Kotex

Trippin' balls
Reaction score
Already been checking up on this. Pretty excited. I believe they're playing some Lethargy tunes in there too. I would have to say for me:

1.Blood Mountain
2.Leviathan
3.Remission

TheHandOfStone

E♭M7(♭5)
Reaction score
I love Mastodon. First heard Blood And Thunder a few years ago, but didn't really get into them until Call Of The Mastodon and Blood Mountain. It's amazing to contrast their oldest music with their newest, and realize that it's all great. This could be why I took my profile name from one of their songs. :metal::agreed:

eleven59

None shall pass.
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm a big fan :hbang: Can't wait to hear this. Count me as one of those that thinks they get better with each album.

cpnhowdy

Reaction score
I was totally clueless about them until I saw them at Loud Park 2006. :hbang: I promptly went out and bought every one of their CDs.
Im partial to Leviathan myself. I wonder if they will have another song about Joseph Merrick on the next album too? The last three have had one.
Cant wait for it

')