Matching Dimarzio super 3

• Thread starter mmotorsport
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

mmotorsport

Reaction score
I just put a dimarzio super 3 in my ibanez rg2ex1 and was wondering what a good match would be for the neck position. does it have to be a "neck" pickup. it is a high output high resistance pickup. i play mostly metal with high gain.

any suggestions?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Ultraworld

Luthier A Holic
Reaction score
It really depends on what you expect from a neck pickup. The Air Norton has a airy almost single coil sound. No mud, good definition. Listen to EVH's lead in the song right now, that's an Air Norton. The EVO neck is a good choice too. It has a smoother duncan jazz type tone. The opposite of the EVO bridge

JonnHatch

Reaction score
dude the Super 3 is my fav pickup EVER. i wish i could get a 7 and 8 string version:(

BUT to answer your question, MY old fav wa the EVO neck pickup, then i tried the Super 2 in the neck. AWESOME:hbang:

Toshiro

Contributor
Reaction score
Breed neck works perfectly. I have a guitar with Breed/Breed, and Super 3/Breed, it's a great match up.

blackrobedone

Reaction score
I have a Super 3 in a Les Paul and I was suprised to find that balances with the stock neck pickup. You probably don't need a super high output neck pickup to go with it. So just go for the tone you're looking for and don't sweat the output.

frank falbo

Reaction score
I have mine in an RG with a Breed neck, which I like very much in that RG. You also can't go wrong with the Super 2.

ChrisPcritter

Contributor
Reaction score
+1 Breed Neck pickup would be good with that.
Dimarzio told me the New7 bridge is about the same spec as the super distortion
and the neck is about the same as the Super III..

')